Cocker Activities > Showing

Sable........ not recognised by KC

<< < (2/3) > >>

Penelope:
We used to show our chocolate roan and tan girl - some judges totally passed her over and hardly looked at her.  Some said they didn't know if her eyes were the right colour (they were!!)  However, one lovely judge gave her a first because he said she was a perfect specimen!  As long as you remember that you always take the best dog home with you, give it a go!

vixen:
This sable did quite well  ;)
If you scroll down, it tells you about Afterlife Encounter by Claramand.

http://www.claramand-cockers.co.uk/connoisseurs_corner.php

Jane S:
Elaine's dog linked to above was shown quite successfully but this was before the KC breed standard was amended a few years ago. Since the breed standard was changed to exclude sable from the list of accepted colours, it is now in practice difficult to show any sable, no matter what their quality is. KC judges have to judge according to the breed standard and any colour not listed as acceptable is to be considered as "undesirable". Breeders selling sable puppies ought to be explaining to their puppy buyers that showing at higher levels is now pretty much impossible for sables but it seems some breeders still aren't aware of this ph34r You could still have some fun with your dog at companion/fun dog shows (more informal shows usually held to raise funds for various charities) but that would be it really, sorry

hettie.barker:
Hi - I do have sables and really love their colour and I do show them at local fun dog shows and it's just a lovely day out for them meeting lots of doggy friends and their owners, but they could never be entered for championship shows due to their the colour not being recognized by the KC and for me that's fine as I am not in to serious showing, but do admire the commitment of owners that do show their dogs on championship level.

Kevin Patterson:
Thanks for all the responses that now give me the excuse needed to get another furry baby lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version