Off Topic > Computer Help

Anyone changed from PC to Mac?

(1/3) > >>

fionad:
My dear old Dell died earlier this year and my son suggested the way to go was a MacBook Air. It's supposed to be THE thing to have.I want to throw it out of the upstairs window, it's so annoyingly awkward to use.

I've given it six months to get used to it but it's driving me and OH up the wall.

Anyone else having difficulties?

mcinnd:
As a soon to retire IT Manager, 3rd December I can't understand why anyone would opt for fruit based computing.
Stick with Windows and move to 10 as it's streets better than 8.1.

David

Archie bean:
Yes. Years ago now and I've never looked back. Initially I just thought oh my God, what have I done but after a day or so I got used to it very fast. Everything is just easier and more intuitive. The trick is to forget everything Windows!  Think what would be the easiest and most logical way to do something and that will probably work. If you have to use Windows at work then I can imagine that trying to use both would be tricky. It probably depends on what you want to do with it but I can't stand Windows now!! Everything Apple in this house.  :D

Finvarra:
Yes, when our windows desktop died we bought a mac, what a beautiful machine. Also have an ipad. My laptop is still a windows, running seven, and it is soooooo slow and clunky compared to apple. I wouldn,t have another windows machine if it was giftwrapped.

Yes, it takes a while to grt used to the way it works, but it so much faster and intuitive.

Lesley

Jan D:
My OH bought an iMac - beautiful looking machine but he isn't keen at all - has had it for about 2 years now.

I have a laptop with Windows 8 - upgraded it to Windows 10 and it began running REALLY slowly - it's only 6 months old. Went back to Windows 8 and it's fine- no idea why  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version