Off Topic > Computer Help

i phone query

(1/3) > >>

Jaysmumagain:
This is not totally computer but, OH has just got lastest galaxy phone and has a redundant i phone which as it has lot of pics etc on he has kept, it no longer has a contract....my question is can I put a new sim in the i phone and use it, or my old sim.
I have a bog standard pay as you go, I am not that interested in phones and apps and only use now and again, but the camera would be so useful, to catch pics of Ollie.

Any advice.

Julie

sodpot2000:
The answer is yes but...

If the phone came on contract from such as EE then it will only work if you put a SIM in from the same provider. Phones can be freed from this restriction but I don't know how you do it. I think it is called a jail break.

If your OH bought the phone rather than having it on contract then it may work with any suitably sized SIM.

I hope that helps. If you go to somewhere like Carphone Warehouse they will be able to advise you what your options are.

Rodney

8 Hairy Feet:
sometimes unlocking i-phones is for a
limited period for instance at computer-ex
round the corner its £60 and they can only garuntee
the unlock for 12 months... i got given an i-phone that
was locked tp o2 so i got a o2 sim for it cos i'm too tight to
pay that money for only 12 months

Jaysmumagain:
Yep the phone was on contract and he has a new phone but they gave him the old one and so he can access any saved data etc and photos to download to his laptop.

Its hilarious - he has this up to date swishy phone and it is cheaper per month than the phone he has had for last 2-3 year :shades:  I am not sure of the store, but I don't want a contract.  Will pop in when next in town and ask them

Julie

Bevjparkes:
If the phone was on contract with O2, you will be able to use a Giff Gaff sim in it as they use the same network. If you Google Giff Gaff you will see how to get a pay as you go sim from them. Just make sure you get the right sim for the iPhone model you have - the new 6s takes a nano sim, the 5s I think is a micro sim, you'll need to check.  It's a great network, you get a lot for your money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version