Author Topic: Cushings disease  (Read 3805 times)

Offline annclare

Re: Cushings disease
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 07:13:40 PM »
I lost my darling Nina on 26th May. Several other sad family matters happened around the same time and it  affected me very badly, liviing on my own, and coping with the pandemic as well, I can honestly say since the beginning of the year it has been the worst 7 months of my life. I still shed daily tears for Nina; she was my Velcro dog, always beside me day and night and I still miss her so. My other cocker and Nina were good buddies (of all the pairs of cockers I have had, they got on the best (possibly because female/male, others 2 females) and I know he is missing her too. I have never coped well with the loss of a dog from being a child and it certainly doesn't get any easier. I would dearly love another one but feel my age would be against me at rescue centres (I was 80 at the beginning of June which obviously because something of a non-event). I didn't intend to ramble on like this, meaning only to say I have 26 of the 30 mg vet medication for Cushing's (Vetoryl) if it is of any use to anyone (expiry date 06/2022). Reading through the posts I see I have mentioned it earlier in the year when Nina came off it and went on the natural supplements; forgotten all about that, sorry for lengthy post. x     

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »
I am so sorry to read of Nina and reading how difficult the times are for you, and I can fully understand when you say it never gets easier.

These last months have been so very difficult and loosing a dear friend like Nina is bound to effect you.

I sometimes think that others who may not have had the love and devotion of a pet can ever truly understand the loss we feel.

Take care

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »
Sorry to read about your loss of Nina, each dog leaves their mark on us I think, and the healing time varies.

With regards to the re-homing, with all the Coronovirus issues (dogs being given up that were bought in last year or so and now 'not needed - or wanted) you may find that the centres would be more than happy to consider you as a potential adopter,  worth asking anyway.

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
Really sorry to hear about Nina, it is never easy and I don't think you ever learn to deal with it, if that makes sense.  Regarding a new friend, smaller local rescues may be more amenable, it can't hurt to have a chat with them.. Whatever you decide, I hope life improves for you, it has been a rough year.

Offline annclare

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »
Thank you for above posts, they are much appreciated.
I've had no takers for the Vetoryl so think I will bin them; shame because it's a pricey medication and hoped someone could make use of them.
After having 10 cockers over the last 40+ years I hope number 11 is out there for me somewhere! (even better would be to make it a nice round dozen!). I like to think of them all gathered round me at Rainbow Bridge. Take care and enjoy your cockers. xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2021, 01:31:00 PM »
Thank you for above posts, they are much appreciated.
I've had no takers for the Vetoryl so think I will bin them; shame because it's a pricey medication and hoped someone could make use of them.
After having 10 cockers over the last 40+ years I hope number 11 is out there for me somewhere! (even better would be to make it a nice round dozen!). I like to think of them all gathered round me at Rainbow Bridge. Take care and enjoy your cockers. xx

Talking about the tablets, have you considered donating them to your local rescue or maybe charitable animal hospital if you have one close? they may be glad of them with funds being limited atm
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline annclare

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »
Thank you, hadn't thought of that, I'll try a few local rescues. x