Author Topic: 83 dogs recovered from travellers site near Ipswich  (Read 3698 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
83 dogs recovered from travellers site near Ipswich
« on: March 21, 2021, 05:47:37 PM »
 BBC news online today.
Good news. Hope the dogs are well and reunited asap.
How can travellers expect people to respect them when this goes on?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: 83 dogs recovered from travellers site near Ipswich
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 06:23:46 PM »
I really  hope the perpetrators get heavy sentences  >:D and that the poor dogs are reunited with their owners as soon as possible.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
I do hope these dogs are reunited soon.....10 hours police were on site to do this rescue operations....beggars believe also says they  have issued a 48 hour disbursement order on the travellers site to stop folks movements.

Jayne that is the problem the perpetrators can't get heavy sentences because the law says a dog or pet is no different than a laptop or car being stolen....

Look at this ......https://www.change.org/p/make-pet-theft-a-specific-crime-in-uk-law and pass it on please
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:59:35 PM »
I do hope these dogs are reunited soon.....10 hours police were on site to do this rescue operations....beggars believe also says they  have issued a 48 hour disbursement order on the travellers site to stop folks movements.

Jayne that is the problem the perpetrators can't get heavy sentences because the law says a dog or pet is no different than a laptop or car being stolen....

Look at this ......https://www.change.org/p/make-pet-theft-a-specific-crime-in-uk-law and pass it on please

Its the same here Julie, unfortunately!  >:(