Author Topic: Help! 15 week old pup insists on weeing indoors instead of outside  (Read 1396 times)

Offline darylr

• Supacocker!

Hi,
Our 15 week old boy Loki, is driving us nuts with weeing indoors, even though he poo’s outside without a problem. We take him outside after waking up, eating, drinking etc. and does wee outside but holds it in and wee’s in the lounge and kitchen. We are experienced spaniel owners, but can’t think why he’s doing this.

Thanks,

Daryl & Loki

Offline Looe

Re: Help! 15 week old pup insists on weeing indoors instead of outside
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:44:29 PM »
Hi
We're def not experts and have owned wcs for 14 years but came unstuck with our 9month old. But we did get lucky with toilet training (we haven't been much good with anything else though I'd like to point out  ;))
We ad really forgotten how much they pee! It felt like
we were constantly clearing them up and it went on for quite a while too. We just did the regulars first thing, after food, after play after crate and last thing and  in between all of those times! We started saying "go for a wee" and then a little praise every time he did even on a walk. He got it eventually, but like your pup he was reluctant on a walk, but I would hang on until he did, otherwise he would go in the house as soon as we got home!  We have the odd blip once in a blue but that's down to us if we deviate from his routine or miss his signs.
Good luck and I'm sure you will get some pearls of wisdom from Cockersonline brains  :D
Outside of a dog a book is a mans best friend, inside of a dog its too dark to read ....

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:45:33 AM »
No expert here either! Nutty is 19 weeks so we’re a bit a head of you. I did same as you but I took her out every 20 minutes when she was awake too. As soon as she’d finished an outdoor wee I praised her no end, gave her ten little treats one after each other with tons of noisy fuss! Neighbours probably think I’m bonkers!
Guaranteed the times I forgot the odd 20 minute slot I got wet socks.

Like Loki she didn’t dump indoors. It got a whole heap easier when she started to tell me she needed to toilet by going to the door. Has Loki started to do that? Nutty doesn’t bark yet so I need to keep watching for her going to the door, if I miss her signs she will wee on the inside door mat.

I’m sure this helped too:
Nutty and I had to unexpectedly move out of our home for a week. The temporary house was a lot smaller and only had one external door. We both hated it but because it was so small it was easier to see her toilet signs, I suspect the signs were there before but I didn’t notice them. Does Loki have the run of the house, could you restrict him to a few rooms only so he’s easier to watch?

Good luck!

John.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 08:10:52 AM »
Ash is now 23 weeks and ooo my it felt like we would never get the toilet training done

I used to put her out every 30 minutes unless she was asleep

Started with just praising her and using the words ‘go wee weeks good girl’ then added in a few pieces of her kibble

She then started going to the back door which we had to watch for otherwise we had a puddle on the mat

I still praise her every time she goes whether it is in the garden or out on a walk etc.

Not had an accident in the house now for about 4 weeks ( hope I have not tempted fate )

Just be consistent and it will come

Good luck 😉