Author Topic: Show Cocker Speying - Positives & Negatives  (Read 3194 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Show Cocker Speying - Positives & Negatives
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 06:28:55 AM »
Cazza it is only the lepto that is done yearly and the others every 3 years....or at least that is my understanding.

It is like a mine field.

found on line   Booster jabs for distemper, parvovirus and canine hepatitis are usually needed every three years. Booster jabs for leptospirosis are needed every year.

Things have changed then since I last got my dogs injections- I didn’t get them vaccinated after they were 7 years old at all  (titre tested) - Fern was 13 when she finally went and Rhum was 11 but being a lab who was attacked twice in 6 months prior was the reason he went at 11  :'(

I am sure our local vets vaccinate yearly and not just lepto, .

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Show Cocker Speying - Positives & Negatives
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
Ours down in Suffolk do the Lepto 4 only, yearly and the other one 3 yearly, altho we pay the same yearly. It has deffo changed since I first had dogs.

Our  vets like you to have the boosters on time  for the first year (assuming we are talking pups) but the second and subsequent years they give 3 month's grace b4 having to have whole new course. (I did not know this until I had a reason for not going on the anniversary of the date at one time). But doing this could be a bit tricky if it comes to needing to put the dogs in kennels for any reason during the 3 month grace period.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.