Author Topic: Flea treatment - allergies  (Read 994 times)

Offline rubyduby

Flea treatment - allergies
« on: July 24, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »
My 2 1/2 yr old Cocker Amber is suffering with fleas, she reacts quite badly to her (an poss other things) I have tried EVERYTHING natural, from Cider Vinegar to DE powder and everything in between, I am thinking now that very reluctantly I am going to bite the bullet and go for a spot on. Silly question but does anyone know which is the LEAST harmful, as I know they all cause problems long term, anything in food is a no no as my girl is so fussy and thats when she isnt off food with Seasons and phantom pregnancies , so her eating isnt reliable enough and she wont touch anything thats had added extras

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Flea treatment - allergies
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:38:42 PM »
Have you tried Billy No Mates? The spot treatment make Dylan itch badly, I started using this last year, with no itchy problems, and had no fleas and very few ticks. You have to add it to food, but it smells wonderful,and he eats no problem.
Cheers
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 07:17:00 AM »
Have you tried Billy No Mates? The spot treatment make Dylan itch badly, I started using this last year, with no itchy problems, and had no fleas and very few ticks. You have to add it to food, but it smells wonderful,and he eats no problem.
Cheers
Lesley

Lesly, Can I just jump in and ask how long you give Dylan BNM? I‘ve been giving it to Humphrey since you recommended it earlier this year -(for ticks ) his coat seems to have improved and, as you say, its smells lovely and he likes it so just wondered if it would be ok to just keep giving it to him all year?

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:20 AM »
I start giving it yo him in March, it says to start six weeks before the tick season. I stopped it last year around November, they seem to be active here in NE Scotland til then. After that it's too cold for most critters  :lol2: . If it's warmer where you are and ticks are around all year, I don't see how it could hurt to continue, but maybe check with the manufacturer? You could maybe ask them via the Amazon website.

Have you found it works against ticks and fleas?
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo