Author Topic: Decided to crate, what would you do?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
Re: Decided to crate, what would you do?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 10:33:08 PM »
Its funny how some dogs love crates and others hate them.

We've always used them for our pups, Sapphi being  our first. She hated it, but had to put up with it.

Max loved his and Barney loves his.  Because Barney has been wearing a bucket after his castration, he couldn't move in his crate without getting it stuck, so I got out Sapphi's old one (three different size dogs, three different size crates  ::) ) for him to use while he's wearing his bucket. From the second I got it out Max has been squeezing himself into it and then Barney gets in and sits on him.  :005:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Re: Decided to crate, what would you do?
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 09:22:41 AM »
If Max is any where near the size of Jasper my parents Golden Ret then I bet your crate for him is huge!!

Corinna Herbie is 16 months.

Since being in the crate we've obviously had no accidents from Herbie.  It's really weird as he tends to wee in the school holidays more often, although the wet weather and Ronalds incontinence problem didn't help him either.  Obviously it's a different routine but doesn't really affect him as he still goes to bed and is let out in the morning at the same time.

Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx