Author Topic: (Melody's behaviour at training classes) GUESS WHAT!!  (Read 4620 times)

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
Re: (Melody's behaviour at training classes) GUESS WHAT!!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
congratulations on passing!   :D  That is a lovely pic of her with her ribbon.  Well Done!

Is she still finding sitting still difficult?  This probably seems silly, as she is getting the attention she wants...but...have you tried doing things with her whilst you are sitting still?  Like...sit/down/stand sequences.  Giving paws, rolling over, etc.  Little tricks to keep her going, and help her realize that sitting at the side doesnt have to be boring? 

I would agree with the others...maybe go back and teach her stays again.  And make the reward for completing a stay huge!

She has been better with her sit/stay and her down/stay but we've been refreshing this over the past few days and that's kept it fresh in her mind.

When we are at the classes in the training hall she never sits close to me anymore but at the exam on Sunday I praised and gave her treats for sitting next to me so she was much better behaved.  I ignored her completely when she was going mental trying to sit on the plastic sheeting but praised and treated her for staying by my side. 

When we start our Silver award classes next year I'm going to take one of my old jumpers for her to sit on beside me.  It hadn't even occurred to me to take anything for her to sit on but I notice some others had done this so it may help Melody, we do spend 5 minutes here and there sitting out for whatever reason so I'll give it a try.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, it just makes me even more proud of my little girly (if that's at all possible  ;) :D)
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »
Well done Melly  :D :luv:

She looks so proud of herself in the photo, she's adorable  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »
Well done!! must admit Frankie her brother is one clever boy  ;)

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 07:02:42 PM »
Hope all goes well with the jumper...it's definitely worth a try  :D

Good Luck for your silver...and...again...welll done!

Offline denisec

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »
Congratulations Mairi and Melody   :D

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 08:38:17 PM »
Well done!! must admit Frankie her brother is one clever boy  ;)

Gilly we love him too but then we're biased  :luv: :005:  I was hoping we wouldn't let the side down at the weekend  ;)  Whisper (her sister  :luv:) did well too.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly