Author Topic: 'Sitting' on your foot  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Bonnie W

• Site Member
'Sitting' on your foot
« on: February 17, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »
Hi all..

My 1 year old black cocker, Rosie has a very odd habit. When I (or anyone else for that matter) sit down and cross my legs, she likes to 'reverse' her body so that effectively her tummy and bum are 'sitting' on the foot that's in the air. She seems to find it comforting for some reason  :huh:

It is very odd behaviour and I wondered if anyone might know why she does this and if their cockers do it too?

Thanks

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: 'Sitting' on your foot
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 02:23:24 PM »
Mine doesn't do that but she will lie agaist you and on your feet, she's a proper hot water bottle  ;)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »
All our do it aswell
I think its just a cocker thing  :lol:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Chloe used to sit on your feet or back right up against you but I think it was only so she knew when you moved ::)
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »
Yep Louie does it to, not so much Jasper.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Coco likes to come and sit beside me - she will put one paw on my leg and then lean against me.  She especially likes to do this if we sit on a bench in the park ::)  I agree, I think it is just to make sure she know when you try to move!  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 02:46:52 AM »
I think what BonnieW's suggesting is not about sitting on your feet when they are on the floor but on your foot as your leg is in the air when you cross your legs --- Ruby does this and its quite embarrassing when she does this in public as its as if she's straddling your foot to rub her 'bits' while your foot is in the air ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Bonnie W

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 07:47:32 PM »
PennyB - that's exactly what I'm talking about - it is very embarrasing!  ::)

Why do they do it?

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 08:57:09 PM »

Why do they do it?

Haven't a clue but I think Ruby gets a kick out of it ;) She did it on the train once and the conductor who was cuddling her leapt back as she thought she was going to pee and rather than saying no she isn't I told her exactly what she was doing --- it was at that point I wished I didn't feel the need to explain the truth all the time :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 09:37:43 AM »

Why do they do it?

Haven't a clue but I think Ruby gets a kick out of it ;) She did it on the train once and the conductor who was cuddling her leapt back as she thought she was going to pee and rather than saying no she isn't I told her exactly what she was doing --- it was at that point I wished I didn't feel the need to explain the truth all the time :005:

Penny, are you sure you are reading your two the right kind of bedtime stories?  Given that Wilf attempted to impregnate Simon's arm when they met, I am beginning to have my doubts. :005: :005:

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
Lady backs up or just plonks her butt on ya feet if they're flat on the floor.

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
I don't really cross my legs so Im not sure about this but Glen likes to walk across the sofa and sit climb onto you then sit on your chest looking away from you, usually when you are reading or trying to watch telly.  :005:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »
Yep, Herbie is a real foot sitter :005:.  He only likes to perch his bum on your foot though.  Unfortunately he's taken to sitting on Maisie's lap when she's in her bouncy chair and seeing is she is only an 8 week old baby, it's something I am trying to discourage but he perches his bum on both my sons laps if they are sat on the floor too.

I had a cocker cross once who loved to sit on feet too, so I think it's a cocker trait.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Boo

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
Hi, I love this site I'm sat here giggling to myself!
My Gracie is only 10 weeks and she often sits on my feet - I didn't know what she was trying to do the first time it happened!  :005:  I think she's trying to stop me going anywhere.

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
It's no good.  I can't stand it any longer.  This is getting too much like a Pinter play.   Can I simply point out that three of us - including the original questioner - are talking about one thing and the rest of you are talking about something totally different?  Bonnie isn't asking about cockers who cuddle up to you for love, or sit on your foot to stop you moving - adorable as your descriptions have been.  To put it bluntly, she's asking about female cockers who get some form of sexual thrill without paying for the Chippendales!!!!   :005: :005: :005:
She's got one, Penny has got one and I have experienced one - and my best party shoes have never recovered.  >:D  In certain moods, no upturned footwear is out of bounds and the pleasure on their faces is like livercake and sausage rolled into one. I salute your pure minds, of course.   :shades: :shades: