Author Topic: You put your right foot in, your left foot in, your ...... sorry should be tails  (Read 886 times)

Offline Leah

• Site Member
 ;)

Did anyone read the small report in yesterday's telegraph about the way dogs [supposedly] wag their tails?   If it's to the right it's for one reason: to the left for another ........

I have noticed over the years that a dog with a full tail communicates differently - that might seem obvious but a full tail often begins at the tip to wave gently and the more enthusiasm the dog raises, the harder the tail wags.  However docked dogs have to wag right from the start so seem to be more alert to their surroundings.  Our docked JR used to wag and weave her whole body  :blink:

I wonder who funded that bit of research and how much it cost ............ hope it doesn't mean our dog food costs escalate  >:(

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
I didn't read that article but having one docked and one undocked cocker I definitely notice that Alfie starts off by just twitching the end of his tail before going on to full on wags whereas Tills can't do that so it's full on waggles from the start for her  :luv:  Alfie can also just wave his tail about gently as well which I love to see but poor Tilly can't do that either  :'(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Annette

• Site Member
What do they mean by wagging to the right or the left?

Buddy wags from side to side - don't they all?

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
;)

I wonder who funded that bit of research and how much it cost ............ hope it doesn't mean our dog food costs escalate  >:(

Yes, but did you then see the bit that they were going to see if it made a difference as to what eye the dog was looking out of when it wagged its tail?  I ask you......
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!