Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Mouser Cocker

(1/4) > >>

Hel:
Unfortunately, I've got mice at the moment  >:(.  They moved in a couple of weeks ago. I've trapped and caught 6 so far.  I'm really not happy with having mice as I hate them - I need to wear gloves and plunge up courage to pick up the traps.  I'm even dreaming about the bloodly things and jumping out of my skin whenever I see a shadow.

Went upstairs last night for a couple of mins, Fletch came with me, Pip stayed in the kitchen.  Came down to find Pip with something in his mouth and Fletch rather interested in what Pip had in his mouth.  The tail sticking out of his mouth gave it away  :o  He'd caught and killed a mouse and was happy crutching it.  God knows how many he's caught and eaten when I am out - unlike some cats, I doubt he leaves the tail and feet behind  ;D.

Any advice for getting rid of mice? Poison is obviously out of the question.  I have several traps down, but they seem to catch for a day, then nothing for a few days, then they catch again.                    

Jenney:
eeeugh! :o Thank goodness Jakey draws the line at spiders & daddy long legs!                    

Gilly:
I think Colin is the expert on mice, but he's not been around for a few days...hopefully he'll see your post and come to your rescue  ;)

Gilly                    

Hel:

--- Quote from: Jenney on October 28, 2003, 08:33:48 PM ---eeeugh! :o Thank goodness Jakey draws the line at spiders & daddy long legs!

--- End quote ---

You've never had mice then!  I hadn't until now and I'm delighted Pip's doing his bit to get the horrible things. Pip is a rescue from Ireland, was kept outside and is a serious hunter of any small non-dog animals, to the extent that I can't let him off lead unless in a secure field (thankfully, I have access to a couple).  He's otherwise lovely  :).                    

Mary:
You're right...obviously you cannot use poison if the dogs are catching the mice :-

We often get mice in our loft, we use poison and traps.  The best bait for traps is chocolate, something like Milky Way I find brilliant.  You're just going to have to strategically place them where your two can't get at them.  There are some 'humane' traps around if you do happen to feel sorry for the little mites but don't do as a friend of mine done.  Forgot about it and 6 months later found the skeleton of a starved mouse in it  :o :-                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version