Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Mouser Cocker

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pammy:
Hel

I would look to do something quite drastic coz if Pip is eating them, you don't know if they've been poisoned somewhere else and it could make him ill :(.

I would call your local authority environmental health/pest control people. Explain the position and they should be able to offer a solution. Alternatively, if you look in Yellow Pages or online under pest control, you'll find several listed and some do different methods.

hth                    

Jane S:
We had an invasion of mice a few years ago - they'd decided our cottage made a nice cosy hotel for the winter ;D I also was worried as Katie used to be adept at catching them & crunching them up before I could get to her! I wouldn't use poison & set up a few of those humane traps in strategic places, baiting them with Pringles. I gradually got rid of them all though it took a while (poison is obviously quicker) & they haven't come back since we worked out they were coming in through a tiny, tiny gap in the brickwork outside the kitchen & blocked it up!                    

Anonymous:
:o :oOMG you poor thing Hel, I think you are very brave, I would be letting my fingers do the walking across them good old yellow pages, quicker than you can say MOUSETRAP ;)

I think Pammy is right, you don't know whether the little terrors have been poisened prior to coming to your house ::)

Jane you did make me laugh with the PRINGLES in the mousetrap  8)

I hope you get your little visiters to pack up their trunks soon Hel, and find another B n B  ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Pammy:

--- Quote from: Mrsbojangles on October 28, 2003, 10:49:56 PM ---
Jane you did make me laugh with the PRINGLES in the mousetrap  8)

--- End quote ---

Likewise - you can just see the next Pringles add on tele - no longer the dogs partying - but the mice ;D Do they have a fave flavour - Cheese by any chance ;D                    

Hel:
I've rang the local council pest control and am not sure they can help me.  The man on the phone said they can use poison which would not hurt the dogs or next door's cat.  I'm very dubious about this as I can't find any information on a mouse poison which would not seriously hurt Pip if he caught a poisoned mouse.  Does anyone know of such a poison?

Otherwise, it's traps and I'm doing that myself.  The dogs are off to my parents next week (to get away from the constant fireworks) so I'll be able to put traps everywhere!                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version