Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Am I mad

(1/5) > >>

daftcockers:
At the moment we have a friends collie staying with us ( a bitch), the 3 boys have been WONDERFUL with her sharing everything toys, bedding and even thier DAD. ;D It's got me thinking that maybe after Xmas would be a nice time for a little girl . Hubbie seems to have taken very nicely to the idea of a little girl. LAST ONE PROMISE :-X                    

Dessie:
If all your boys have been neutered then I don't see any problem with adding a girl to your household, but if any of your boys are entire then it is a recipe for disaster  :'(

Dessie                    

daftcockers:
No, only one of the boys has been done, the other 2 are entire as we show them. We will have the facilities to keep them all seperate when she is in season                    

Dessie:
I'm sure others that have Dogs and Bitches could advise more on this but from experience gained through friends even keeping them separate in a household can be very trying, and not to mention the boys loosing weight, some can loose coat etc etc.  

A close friend of mine kept a dog - she had 3 bitches and then this boy and had nothing but problems.  He was ok until they were on the right day and then boy was he a pain  ???  Crying all the time, guarding the bitch, not eating then as things progressed he would get hysterical ...

I don't mean to be so negative but it can be a lot of stress for all concerned - Bitch, Dog and owners.  Worth some serious thought.  Unless you kennel the boys.

Dessie                    

KellyP:
reminds me of the film "there's something about Mary" - I can just imagine your 3 boys all doing their best t impress this girlie, trying to outwit each other  ;D  ;)

I agree with Dessie though - unless there would be somewhere for them / her to go during her first season (you'd have to hope and prey she didn't have a silent one!!!!  :o) and then you have her neutered?  ???  :'(                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version