Author Topic: Zorro - watching the penny drop  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: Zorro - watching the penny drop
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »
Awwww, i know the feeling. Jarvis is a little brainbox :D, Lucy on the other hand. is full of fluff! She knows a grand total of......... THREE (!) commands. Sit, down, and dance. She does those 3 perfectly :angel:, but anything else is completely beyond her. :005: :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
Awww rollover was easy tp teach but it isnt too easy to get them to do it!

Ours only do it on soft floorings (carpet) wooden floors, tiles floors (even with rugs on) are too hard!!  :005:

This is how I did it...

Get the dog into down facing you with legs to right side ....hold treat in right hand close to nose

in a semi circle move right hand to the left (keeping it close to nose) and eventually dog should rollover.....

May take a few goes...may take many goes....very rewarding when they do it tho....Jessie now does it on the command alone without a treat (she is 3 and half tho!)

Janey

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
Janey, I can't talk for the others, but our stupid mutt (or maybe very smart?) will do that, but only if he can get his nose and tongue onto the treat. He then slobbers all over my hand and will hold the position for a second or two, but again, only if he can reach my hand. If I move my hand to any other position he becomes completely clueless!

To be honest, it is rarely worth the slobber all over me! :005:

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 04:05:05 PM »
I have trained both of ours to go all the way over and back to a down position....a true full rollover.

If we want them to go halfway so their tummy is up we have another trick its called tickle tum  :005: Saffi is better than Jessie but if we say tickle tum she half rollosover so we can then tickle her tum!!

Janey

PS:Yes with cockers there is lots of drool and slobber but when they 'get it' its a great party trick!

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »
Aw what a lovely post. Bless him!  :luv: Well done Zorro!!  Made me giggle - wonderfully described  :005: keep us updated on master Zorro's next trick!