Author Topic: 'Cowardly' Cockers  (Read 743 times)

Offline McNulty

• Site Member
'Cowardly' Cockers
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
Bit of a strange one here...my pair have just turned one, they are brothers (both neutured). We walk them on the beach most days and they meet lots of other dogs. In the main they interact with them OK, they bark loudly (with tail wagging), do the circling, sniffing thing, and then tear away. They do leg it if the other dog is very loud and bouncy, but most of the time it's ten seconds of fun then they move on. However this all changed when we went to Ardgillan yesterday (Big country house with open grounds near Dublin) with my Brother in Law who has two male (entire) King Charles. My pair were TERRIFIED of them, on the lead they were jumping and hiding behind our legs, off the lead (all four of them) my pair just kept running and running away and round in circles to get away from the (admittedly hyper and yappy) Charlies.
Has anyone experienced this with their dogs reacting differently to smaller, yappier breeds? This was even weirder when later on at the beach, my pair played and sniffed with a wolfhound and what looked like an alsatian/dobie cross. They are strange dogs (my two have polar personalities!), but would like them to get on with the brother in laws pups as we see a fair bit of them...any ideas?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Cheers

Jim