Author Topic: Ok - taken the plunge!  (Read 5145 times)

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Ok - taken the plunge!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 11:10:07 PM »

Well it would seem Lamb isn't going down so very well - or at least it's coming through rather too well....  ph34r

Will give it a rest for a while and try again, as it might just be adjusting to her new diet (there's nothing runny, just she can't seem to hold it).

We've also had a few puddles this week - I thinking that the liquid content is more, and so it'll take her a bit of time to adjust???
Before this week we were probably 99% housetrained (she'd had a few accidents when someone else was housesitting when we were up for my Mum's funeral), so it seems rather a coincidence to suddenly start having problems again....  :huh:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
It's not spay incontinence is it Karma?  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »

I do hope not....  :-\
OH was just commenting that she's been drinking more cos of the warm weather too, so will see how we go...

Lamb certainly doesn't seem to have agreed with her (maybe it was just the quantity, as she has had lamb leg bones before with no ill effect).... or maybe it was just too much variety too soon...

We are back to chicken wings today, so hopefully this will help her tummy settle down...

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »

Having looked on-line it doesn't sound like spay incontinence.... her puddles have been by the door while we've been out.  She is still asking to go out when we are about....
The not being able to hold it has been in relation to her poos, which is why I'm thinking the food is the culprit here.....
 ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

Having looked on-line it doesn't sound like spay incontinence.... her puddles have been by the door while we've been out.  She is still asking to go out when we are about....
The not being able to hold it has been in relation to her poos, which is why I'm thinking the food is the culprit here.....
 ;)

yayyyyy  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2008, 06:11:29 PM »

Ok, after the first time, she has now refused to eat liver at all, and just carries it around the house depositing it in various places to sniff at distainfully later....

We now have a pack of heart sitting in the fridge - how much of this should we give?? Is it best mixed up with some mince, or just a lump of heart??

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »
Coco is not keen on raw liver either - I think it is the slimy texture she hates  ::)  You can either flash fry it for a minute or two to seal the outside - it also releases the smell and makes it taste yummy (if you are a dog that is  :shades:), or I often chop it up quite small and mix it in with ordinary mince to make it a bit of a rougher texture  ;)  She eats it no probs then  :luv:

Is it lamb's heart you have?  I usually give half a lamb's heart with something else eg mince.  I chop it up a bit but if Honey will eat it as it is I wouldn't bother  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline merrysmum

• Site Member
  • Merry has a hoard of stolen treasure in his bed!
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2008, 09:07:22 PM »
Hi Karma,

I'm not the best to give advice on this but out of experience, don't give her too much heart all at once!

I gave Merry a little bit and he loved it so I thought great and gave him admittedly what must've been a ton for his little tum  ph34r and it made a nasty reappearance on the stairs during the night!  :shades:

Merry wasn't keen on raw liver but does eat it when I flash fry it but again don't give her too much all in one go because I think it's quite rich and certainly comes out of our boy way too quickly when I give him lots  ::)

My only trouble with both of these was how to store it because it didn't seem that you could freeze it and it said on the packs I bought that once opened you must use immediately  :-\

So of course me being an eejit thought ooh let's not waste it so fed poor Merry as much as he'd eat in one go (which was probably enough for 5 meals in retrospect!). He was happy to eat it but it did reappear again far too quickly  ph34r
Emma and Merry the Pirate x