Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1989 times)

Offline ROSIEA

Insurance
« on: June 29, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Just wondering who you have your puppy insured with as KC insurance runs out on Friday.  Anyone know any good deals anywhere :Dxxx

Offline stuffster

• Luna
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
I'd really recommend Pet Protect, as Ive had my pets insured with them for years and they have been fantastic about paying out when things have gone wrong. No hoops to jump through to get your money back (like some companies), and really sympathetic letter when my cat Brian died.

Im looking into it at the mo for when our 6 weeks insurance runs out, and they seemed to be cheapest too, for the amount of cover you get.

Make sure you get lifetime cover - ie, that they will cover you for the lifetime of the animal. A lot of cheaper ones will stop paying after a limited time if you pet has a lifetime illness.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:16:25 PM »
Healthy pets was mentioned to me by some on here!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:25:53 PM »

Healthy Pets only pay upto either £1000, £3000, or £5000) for each condition for life which could be worrying if your dog has a condition for the rest of its life, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for vets bills to get to £5000 and then you wouldn't be covered and wouldn't be able to get cover for that conditon with any other insurance company.   Best to make sure you get lifetime cover.   

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »

Healthy Pets only pay upto either £1000, £3000, or £5000) for each condition for life which could be worrying if your dog has a condition for the rest of its life, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for vets bills to get to £5000 and then you wouldn't be covered and wouldn't be able to get cover for that conditon with any other insurance company.   Best to make sure you get lifetime cover.   

That is so very true! Charley mounted up over £1000 in 6 weeks.  Il have to look at pet protect myself!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »

That is so very true! Charley mounted up over £1000 in 6 weeks.  Il have to look at pet protect myself!  :D

And our lurcher Dylan cost £900 within less than a week!!! Starting on a Tuesday with bronchitis, an emergency vet trip because he couldn't breath on the Thursday night and being on a drip to flush his kidneys on Saturday and Sunday! £1000 is nothing and I would not be comfortable to have such low cover.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline gotwood25

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »
We are with Healthy Pets and they have been great.
As you point out its £5000 per illness however that is per year, which we thought was very reasonable for the £7 a month we pay. I also rate there helpdesk service very good.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
We are with Healthy Pets and they have been great.
As you point out its £5000 per illness however that is per year, which we thought was very reasonable for the £7 a month we pay. I also rate there helpdesk service very good.

It isn't £5000.00 per illness per year, it is a maximum of £5000.00 per illness for life.   If you use the £5000.00 up for that particular condition, then thats all you will get, with no further cover for that illness.   Just wanted people who read this to be aware of it.   

Offline gotwood25

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 03:45:42 PM »
Oh dear, I am going to have to check my paper work when I get home as I was under the impression that it was per year. Apologies if I have mislead anyone.

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »
i'm with petpals, we get £5,000 cover each year for life but all claims are taken from that but it goes back to £5,000 again each year, so ours is for life but worried i need more after reading this thread...
chantelle & Tilly

Offline jesseb

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
hi our vets recommended pet plan i know its a little more expensive per month but it is for life, when we had molly our previous cocker she had a recurring  cancerous mouth tumor we had no insurance and it cost us quite a lot of money especially for all the medication for the tumor.  They offered us a cheaper price than the on line price as i said i was thinking of going with M&S insurance.