Author Topic: what behaviours have your dogs taught you?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: what behaviours have your dogs taught you?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 10:51:51 PM »
Gari has taught me how to love unconditionallly, but also how to worry myself sick when he is not well. :luv: :luv: :luv:

He has also taught me that giving me a cuddle and a big kiss merits a biscuit... :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
That going for a walk without the human carrying a chuckit and continually throwing a ball is a pointless exercise.

That it is impossible to do a poo in one go and you need to break it up to into at least three separate stops throughout the walk.

That while you are sat on the loo you may as well kill two birds with one stone and have a cocker on your knee for company.

That all describes George and Hamish perfectly :005:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx

George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
Both mine have taught me endless patience, Murphy has taught me that so much goes in on that little head, Maddi has taught me that nothing goes on in her little head  :005:

They have shown me that eyes are the windows to the soul, and they have made me thankful everyday, thankful they chose me, and thankful I welcomed them into our lives, my world is a better place because of them.  :luv:
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline grab

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
Reflexes.  If my foot comes down and there's something underneath it which I wasn't expecting, I'll react and shift weight before I've consciously realised what it was.  Sometimes it's a toy, but often enough it's a paw belonging to a puppy that wants to be that bit *too* close!
Judi and Alice.  Add them together and divide by two, and they're a pair of normal spaniels.  Individually they're one fragile and over-intelligent little brat who knows exactly how cute she is, and one big hyperactive fuzzball who's too dopey to do anything except what she's told...

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »
Harvey has taught me that high heels and dog walking are a no no.

He's also taught me that beige carpets are highly impractical  >:(

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
To move the cushions on the sofa so she can get comfy then put one under her chin.  :luv:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »
That you do not need to holiday abroad and leave your cocker behind, as it is much better to rent a cottage in Britain and take your cocker with you.

Offline BabyB

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »
Dylan  :luv:  taught me that having a dog in the bed sharing your pillow is actually a lovely picture to wake up to  :luv:

Morgan  :luv:  has taught me that sitting in front of me with eyes staring means that he wants to be picked up and cuddled, carried around the house and garden - and it helps him get on the kitchen table and steal biscuits/food from my Dad  :luv:

Henry  :luv: has taught me that puppy teeth don't last forever, and neither will my carpets/sofas'/rugs...... and a norty puppy is the loveliest puppy to have a laugh at  >:D

Katie  :luv: has taught me that if you let them flourish in their own shy way, a stunning, most adorable little doglet will emerge.  And that she loves treats as much as the others  :P

Above all, they have taught me that I can love another furry friend as much as the ones I have lost and shed years of tears over that have been before them.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

That while you are sat on the loo you may as well kill two birds with one stone and have a cocker on your knee for company.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ohhhhh - glad I'm not the only one! :005: :005: ph34r ph34r

Me also one on my knee and one the other side at my feet, and my bathroom is so tiny If i had the need I could reach the wash basin and sit on the loo at the same time, so it get rather cosy with two dogs.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »
Coco has taught me that when I tell him off, its his devine right to have the last and final say (bark or moan)

Breeze, well.. I must not speak on the telephone without her being attached to me, for a cuddle, if I do try to ignore her, she pokes me in the face..Queen B, and the B stands for more than Breeze..

Both throw there water dish if it requires a refill. Then, their food belongs to them, but anything I might be eating, has to be shared 3 ways, that your must learn not to be selfish  :lol2:

Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Fred has taught me that having a dog is one of the most wonderful things in my life.

... and to eat my food quick incase i'm distracted and a certain furball snaffles it....

...and a pork pie on MILs table that is big enough to feed 20 people can take seconds to demolish if you're a canine...

...that all my clothes will always have black hair attached to them no-matter what, and most pockets will contain a poo bag.....

..and i agree with Hannah on the Frank Muir 'What a mess' character... who knew i could love something that every so often makes me gag with how he smells after finding fox poo...

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

...that all my clothes will always have black hair attached to them no-matter what, and most pockets will contain a poo bag.....

Ah yes, Molly has taught me these 2 as well!
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.