Author Topic: Apolgies - vomiting yellow bile stuff!!!  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Lynne L

Re: Apolgies - vomiting yellow bile stuff!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »
Try the bedtime biscuit - however, if it persists may be worth checking out allergy. Paddy used to bring up yellow bile/froth every morning and eventually developed colitis as well - once we tracked down his food allergy and eliminated the rogue foods, the vomiting and colitis stopped.
Hope you get it sorted out soon!
Best wishes
Lynne

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
He did already have a bedtime biscuit so maybe that wasn't enough or it wasn't the problem!

I am going to start by reducing his tea by 10 grams and giving him 2 bedtime biscuits!! If the problem still persits I will look into changing his foods. He is on arden grange twice a day at the mintue and his been on this for about a year, and the problem has only started in the last couple of months!

Does anyone know what other symptons could be present if it was a pancreatitis problem??

L&O x

Offline tritonx

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 01:50:17 AM »
When you say biscuit, what size is it? Can't quite picture what sort of thing you mean.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 07:13:13 AM »
He did already have a bedtime biscuit so maybe that wasn't enough or it wasn't the problem!

I am going to start by reducing his tea by 10 grams and giving him 2 bedtime biscuits!! If the problem still persits I will look into changing his foods. He is on arden grange twice a day at the mintue and his been on this for about a year, and the problem has only started in the last couple of months!

Does anyone know what other symptons could be present if it was a pancreatitis problem??

L&O x

With Rosie she had acute pancreatitis, so it literally was a case of her being fine one day and desperately ill the next - she was on a drip for a few days and the vet gave her a 50/50 chance of survival.  I still tend to think that the bile was a warning sign because once her diet was changed to low fat she never had that again.  She had always had bedtime treats, so it wasn't a case of an empty stomach for her either.  Symptoms are not that easy to detect, a couple of times I had bloodwork done and the vet said things were not looking too good - but she wasn't showing any sign of discomfort or being unwell in herself - thankfully she never suffered a second bout.  If the change in bedtime treats does not solve the problem I would try changing his diet to one that is a bit lower in fat content - whether the fat content is causing the problem in your case or not, a lower fat diet will not do him any harm.  It's surprising just how much fat is in some dog foods and treats when you start looking at this information.

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

L&O x

With Rosie she had acute pancreatitis, so it literally was a case of her being fine one day and desperately ill the next - she was on a drip for a few days and the vet gave her a 50/50 chance of survival.  I still tend to think that the bile was a warning sign because once her diet was changed to low fat she never had that again.  She had always had bedtime treats, so it wasn't a case of an empty stomach for her either.  Symptoms are not that easy to detect, a couple of times I had bloodwork done and the vet said things were not looking too good - but she wasn't showing any sign of discomfort or being unwell in herself - thankfully she never suffered a second bout.  If the change in bedtime treats does not solve the problem I would try changing his diet to one that is a bit lower in fat content - whether the fat content is causing the problem in your case or not, a lower fat diet will not do him any harm.  It's surprising just how much fat is in some dog foods and treats when you start looking at this information.

Thanks for that will keep a beady eye on it!

L&O x

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »
When you say biscuit, what size is it? Can't quite picture what sort of thing you mean.

Ollie usually has a gravy bone or winalot shape!

L&O x