Author Topic: Is this a sign of dominance?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Is this a sign of dominance?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 12:56:38 AM »
Just been reading a book about stress in dogs and it suggests if mounting is not sexually motivated, it can be stress induced. It also says that as people say on here, 'showing the lipstick', is a sign of stress.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 03:29:13 AM »
Dave has always been and is still a complete tart and a humper...

He isn't a stressy dog, he has great social skills (other than the slightly excessive lovin' :shades:) if he's in a group of dogs, he generally falls in love with one particular dog (usually female but occasionally a male) and can't stop, until I intervene - which I usually do as otherwise he tends to do himself a mischief. He cuddles them all the time too. Having watched him over the years, with Dave, I'm pretty convinced it's a sexual attraction thing and he is just one of life's top Casanova's :shades: Often the dog he loves behaves like it loves him back too and seeks him out repeatedly during the walk, other times he gets a bit of a rollocking and eventually gives up broken hearted... :shades: :005:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »

He isn't a stressy dog, he has great social skills (other than the slightly excessive lovin' :shades:) if he's in a group of dogs, he generally falls in love with one particular dog (usually female but occasionally a male) and can't stop, until I intervene - which I usually do as otherwise he tends to do himself a mischief. He cuddles them all the time too. Having watched him over the years, with Dave, I'm pretty convinced it's a sexual attraction thing and he is just one of life's top Casanova's :shades: Often the dog he loves behaves like it loves him back too and seeks him out repeatedly during the walk, other times he gets a bit of a rollocking and eventually gives up broken hearted... :shades: :005:

Poor Dave :'( :'( :'(

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:54 AM »

Please don't cry for him, he usually gets over it pretty quickly and falls in love again with someone else... He's definitely an optimist and mover on-er if things don't work out :shades: :005: He cracks me up, he is SUCH a bloke :lol2:

Here he is on a COL meet about 3 years ago ph34r (he managed this for a whole hour then couldn't walk and had to be carried back to the car which is why I stop him now ph34r), they lady in question wasn't objecting in the slightest either :o

Later that day back at home, sucking on a rolled up bit of paper and wimpering away and telling OH all about the lost love that I cruelly dragged him away from...

Then.....move on and get some kip, tomorrow is another day, more fish in the sea etc...

I'd love to say he's matured and come to his senses with age and castration... but he hasn't :lol2:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

• Inactive
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

Please don't cry for him, he usually gets over it pretty quickly and falls in love again with someone else... He's definitely an optimist and mover on-er if things don't work out :shades: :005: He cracks me up, he is SUCH a bloke :lol2:

Here he is on a COL meet about 3 years ago ph34r (he managed this for a whole hour then couldn't walk and had to be carried back to the car which is why I stop him now ph34r), they lady in question wasn't objecting in the slightest either :o

Later that day back at home, sucking on a rolled up bit of paper and wimpering away and telling OH all about the lost love that I cruelly dragged him away from...

Then.....move on and get some kip, tomorrow is another day, more fish in the sea etc...

I'd love to say he's matured and come to his senses with age and castration... but he hasn't :lol2:

:005: :005:Those pics had me in stitches :005: :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »
 :005: He is the only dog I've ever seen master the art of humping and walking at the same time too :lol:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

• Inactive
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
:005: He is the only dog I've ever seen master the art of humping and walking at the same time too :lol:

My Alfie is a lover too.....he picks on dogs thou that are 'weaker'....one of his conquests was a 12 year old Staffi and another was a one eyed black labrador that had rolled down the hill...he just popped on the back of her when she fell......romance is dead for him :005: :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »

My Alfie is a lover too.....he picks on dogs thou that are 'weaker'....one of his conquests was a 12 year old Staffi and another was a one eyed black labrador that had rolled down the hill...he just popped on the back of her when she fell......romance is dead for him :005: :005:

:lol2: :lol2: Bit of an opportunist then :shades:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

• Inactive
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »

:lol2: :lol2: Bit of an opportunist then :shades:

:005: :005:

Offline Golden Sidney

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
Glad I started this...................I am tickled up with some of the stories and the pictures are fab :005: :005: :005:
Sid's mum x