Author Topic: Zylkene again  (Read 723 times)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
Zylkene again
« on: September 23, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
I know I mention it a lot  ph34r. But  :shades: as Millie is on it again for the trouble I've had with clipping/grooming I wanted to say I'm 100% sure it is having a positive effect on her. Mostly with her issues with other dogs though. Every time she's had some she has been soooo much better meeting other dogs. Again today we had another incident that should have resulting in her getting upset when a very bouncy Golden Retriever took her completely by surprise (Millie physically jumped when she realised it was right behind her  :005:) but nothing but calm sniffing. She did then tell it off as it was trying to playfully barge into her but I think that's allowed and she straight away calmed down again. Her whole body language is so much more relaxed when approaching other dogs  :blink:.

Millie

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Zylkene again
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Great when you find something that really works for you - to pass it on, me thinks
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »
How long has she been on it?

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »
How long has she been on it?

At the moment she's had 20 days worth then a break of about a week and a half and is now 12 days back on again. I notice the difference by about day 3/4. Last year she had about three weeks worth when we moved house, I started it a week before move day but hadn't told my Mum that she was on it. She commented how calm and relaxed Millie was on a day she looked after her for me  ;).

Millie

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »
I am glad you have found something that helps Millie cope, I give Zylkene to Charlie on occasion and agree that it appears to have a good effect.