Off Topic > Computer Help

Frozen Pc

(1/1)

daunting:
After fixing - or so i thought - my pc when it locked me out earlier, it keeps freezing on me.
I managed to get trace remover and mcafee back on and have run virus scans and ran spybot and it now locks up.
I don't want to have to do system restore again as its taken ages sorting mcafee out which by the way won't let me enable privacy service.

Am now back on laptop which is by the pc and keep wondering why when i am typing that nothing comes up - yeah Donna try typing on the laptop duh!  :huh:  :lol:

Any ideas anyone :)

Magic Star:

--- Quote from: daunting,Mar 2 2005, 05:03 PM ---After fixing - or so i thought - my pc when it locked me out earlier, it keeps freezing on me.

<_< You could try

Giving it a wooly hat and scarf :P  :lol:  :ph34r:  Sorry couldn't resist!
Hope you get it sorted soon x
--- End quote ---

daunting:

--- Quote ---Giving it a wooly hat and scarf    Sorry couldn't resist!

--- End quote ---

:lol:  :lol: Laughed out loud when i read that :lol:
Walked right into that one :D

b***** is still frozen though - giving up for the night now <_<

Gilly:
Have you thought about trying a different anti virus?? I use AVG 7.0 Free and have had no problems whatsoever. Might be worth a try, see if you can download the file to your laptop then save it to disc and install it on your PC that way the antivirus will be on before you connect to the internet. Sorry only thing I can think of. Also I once tried to do a clean install on my MIL's PC only to find the main problems (viruses) where still on it, I did eventually get everything installed but the harddrive wasn't completely wiped clean. I did a recent complete clean install on a wiped hard drive but you must have all the drivers first.

ReadingSteve:
Anti-virus software is great when it's working, but can be a real pain if it stops!  I recommend AVG 7 Free version, but then I am a techie who likes to get stuff for free!  It has less features than some of the competition, but I've found it pretty good and have installed it on many friend's PCs.  

Often if you get a problem like yours, the only way to solve it (unless you want to spend hours on the phone to McAfee with no guarantee of a fix at the end) is to uninstall or system restore to a known good point.  I don't think there's any magic wand software that will automatically go in and fix your problem for you. Sorry!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version