Off Topic > Computer Help

Internet Connection

<< < (5/5)

ReadingSteve:
I've only once used ADSL broadband and I know that the line filter thing was really important.  I'm a bit confused about the "no dial tone" message though, because I didn't think that Broadband needed a dial tone in order to make a connection - it works in parallel with the voice messages on your phone line, so should work whether your phone is on or off the hook.  I suspect that you may need to get a local "geek" to come have a quick look at your configuration to see if something is connected in the wrong place.

We have NTL broadband - provided along the same cable as the phone and TV, but from what I've heard, a much superior service to the ADSL broadband that you get with a BT line.  We've been with NTL since last August when we moved into the house and so far we've not had many problems. There was one occasion when the broadband stopped working and we were going to have to wait several days for an engineer. I complained bitterly and got a partial refund AND they came and fixed the problem within a day after all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version