Off Topic > Computer Help

Internet Connection

<< < (2/5) > >>

suki1964:
Sounds like freeserve havent changed much :( Used to have terrible problems keeping a connection when I was on dial up with them many moons ago and yet according to them it was never their fault :huh:

Maybe its time to look around for another ISP. This page has a lot of info

Mary:

--- Quote ---Sounds like freeserve havent changed much :( Used to have terrible problems keeping a connection when I was on dial up with them many moons ago and yet according to them it was never their fault :huh:

Maybe its time to look around for another ISP. This page has a lot of info
[snapback]104617[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Thank you for that information.  Looks like they are really praising 'Homecall'.  Never heard of it myself :unsure:  

I think it's time to go elsewhere but not being technically minded I don't find these things easy :rolleyes:

Jane S:
We've only had broadband for a couple of weeks & so far, I've had no problems connecting. We can't get cable out here in the sticks so we're with Virgin at the moment - so far so good :D

Jane

Shirley:
We've been with Freeserve/Wanadoo Broadband since last August.  I did have to phone them a couple of times at the beginning but the problem was not with them it was a 'winsock' (sp?) problem and I got it sorted over the phone with PC World helpline - no idea now what I did, just clicked what they told me to at the time  :blink: .  Haven't had any problems since September.  We have no cable here either (surprisingly enough  :lol: ) so no alternative if there was a problem.  Hope you get it sorted - it's sooo annoying when you get cut off, used to happen to me all the time on dial-up  :angry:  :D

Pete and Jo:
Be careful when phoning support numbers - they are often £1.50 per minute!!!

If they are £1.50 per minute, then they MUST tell you at the begining of the call.

Then it's up to you to speak really quickly :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version