Author Topic: Pop Ups  (Read 4237 times)

sweetie

Pop Ups
« on: March 20, 2005, 04:00:41 PM »
i,ve realised that if you get a pop up,within another box,don,t go for the cross unless it stays as an arrow,if it changes to a hand then it sends a message that you accept,it,s a very clever way of advertising and it shows you accept,always go for the bigger box as long as the arrow still appears ;) on your mouse

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Pop Ups
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 07:29:21 PM »
i,ve realised that if you get a pop up,within another box,don,t go for the cross unless it stays as an arrow,if it changes to a hand then it sends a message that you accept,it,s a very clever way of advertising and it shows you accept,always go for the bigger box as long as the arrow still appears ;) on your mouse
[snapback]108626[/snapback]

I downloaded Stopzilla pop-up blocker last year after being plagued with the things - haven't had a single pop-up since :D
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Pop Ups
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 07:38:18 PM »
I've also installed a pop up preventer......it is so much better than having all those annoying adverts

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Pop Ups
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 10:34:28 PM »
Windows XP Service Pack2 has a built in one. I'm using Mozilla Firefox (which also has a built in one) at the moment and I've never had any problems with pop-ups.

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Pop Ups
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:45:07 AM »
Windows XP Service Pack2 has a built in one. I'm using Mozilla Firefox (which also has a built in one) at the moment and I've never had any problems with pop-ups.
[snapback]108795[/snapback]

Mozilla Firefox here too.. on Windows XP at home and Win 200 Pro at work and not a single pop-up either, but on Firefox it does give you the option to allow them from individual website if you want them..
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Pop Ups
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 03:35:25 PM »
I'm using Safari, and in the Preferences menu, you can choose whether you want to block pop ups or not.
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline ReadingSteve

• Site Member
    • Buddy
Pop Ups
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 09:54:10 AM »
It's brilliant that there are so many ways to prevent these annoying pop-ups. I had never heard of Firefox until Annette came across references to it on COL, but I've tried it and it does seem pretty good. Has some nice features, and is also much less susceptible to viruses than Internet Explorer.  I have also used the pop-up blocking facilities of Yahoo toolbar, which seems to work pretty well.
Live Long and Prosper!