Off Topic > Computer Help

Pop Ups

(1/2) > >>

sweetie:
i,ve realised that if you get a pop up,within another box,don,t go for the cross unless it stays as an arrow,if it changes to a hand then it sends a message that you accept,it,s a very clever way of advertising and it shows you accept,always go for the bigger box as long as the arrow still appears ;) on your mouse

tobycat:

--- Quote ---i,ve realised that if you get a pop up,within another box,don,t go for the cross unless it stays as an arrow,if it changes to a hand then it sends a message that you accept,it,s a very clever way of advertising and it shows you accept,always go for the bigger box as long as the arrow still appears ;) on your mouse
[snapback]108626[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

I downloaded Stopzilla pop-up blocker last year after being plagued with the things - haven't had a single pop-up since :D

Sheila:
I've also installed a pop up preventer......it is so much better than having all those annoying adverts

Gilly:
Windows XP Service Pack2 has a built in one. I'm using Mozilla Firefox (which also has a built in one) at the moment and I've never had any problems with pop-ups.

Curtisio:

--- Quote ---Windows XP Service Pack2 has a built in one. I'm using Mozilla Firefox (which also has a built in one) at the moment and I've never had any problems with pop-ups.
[snapback]108795[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Mozilla Firefox here too.. on Windows XP at home and Win 200 Pro at work and not a single pop-up either, but on Firefox it does give you the option to allow them from individual website if you want them..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version