Off Topic > Computer Help

Error Message On Outlook Express

(1/2) > >>

mum of kimmi:
HELP!!

When I open outlook express to read e-mails, It wont send or receive but shows an error message: 0X800CCC0D

Does anyone know what this means.  It keeps saying things like this:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail Server', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Any help gratefully received

Gilly:
If you haven't changed any settings recently, or since the last tiem you sent and received mail I would suspect that maybe there is a problem with your ISP's mail server.

suki1964:
Im pretty certain that error code means theres a problem at your ISP's end.

If you havent already made any changes to your settings dont. If your ISP has any support forums go have a look see if its being logged there

Pammy:
I agree - your mail server is either down or not recognising your PC for some reason. Check your ISP's website for details - if it's down there should be a service update there telling you - if all the services are operating normally then you need to give them a call to see why yours isn't working.

ReadingSteve:
I agree with the others, it sounds like the POP server (where your incoming email is stored on your ISP's server) may be down.  On the other hand, this sort of message could mean some sort of problem with Outlook Express itself.  

Whenever something like this happens, I would always ask "has anything changed". It maybe that you have recently installed some new software (anti-virus packages can be troublesome in this respect) or have you recently changed ISP? Anything like that could be the cause.

One thing that maybe worth trying is to add a new email account to your Outlook Express and see if you can send and receive email using that one.  Sign up for a free email address at Yahoo or some such and then follow their directions for accessing the account using POP (mail options).  If this works OK, then you've narrowed down the problem to 1) Your ISP has problems or 2) your settings on the original email account are corrupt or incorrect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version