Off Topic > Computer Help

Help!

(1/1)

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
My son downloaded the new free AVG because the other one was out of date now  i'm being told this one is out of date too :unsure:
Help!!!  puter nerd here, i hav'nt got a clue what to do next  :rolleyes:

Ive got Spywareblaster, McAfee and Ad-ware am i safe using the PC for now?

edited to add... the PC seems very slow as well  B)

Gilly:
Barb, in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, to the right hand side you should see a little square for AVG, if it's out of date it should be grey??
Double click the icon, and a box will open, when the box opens to the left there is an option "check for updates" click this, anther box will open you need to tick a box "internet" to download the updates from the internet, it should downl;oad all available files for you, then wehn it's done you click a box "OK", you should then see the AVG icon in your taskbar tray turn coloured again. The problem here is your so hasn't turned automatic updates on, so you need to smack his bottom and get him back to do it for you!!!

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
Done it!!! thanks Gilly  :D  i'll ask him to do it properly next time  :rolleyes: I was clicking on the wrong icon  :ph34r:  a liitle shield came on  and i was clicking on that, and getting nowere fast  ( blushing Smilie )  methinks i might have to go for puter lessons  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Annette:
You're doing fine, Barb.

Isn't it great to be able to come on here and get loads of 'puter advice too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version