Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2250 times)

Offline bmthmark

Hi
« on: July 20, 2020, 04:04:47 PM »
Hi everyone

I apologise for not being on this forum very often, it’s great to see that people are still using it. Hope everyone is keeping well.
This website was an absolute godsend for me a few years back when Jett was a puppy.

Jett is 4 years old in October and to be honest he really hasn't changed at all  :lol2:
He is always on the lookout for anything that is fun and still steals my socks/slippers/anything on the floor  :005:
Even though he runs around like a nutter most of the time, when it comes to training (e.g. gundog training and kennel club training) he behaves himself and does a great job.

I found my puppy time with Jett very difficult, but with the help from this forum I got through it (in one piece  :005:). It was worth the pain at the beginning.

Hope everyone and there cockers are well?

Mark

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »
Hello Mark and Jett, good to see you found your way back to us - all that good scentwork no doubt  ;)

The boys are fine,  they are still as crazy as ever, but in a good way (most the time :lol2:) a bit older now obviously at 7 and nearly 6, so I am ever hopeful they will calm down - but not too much.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
Hi!! I was thinking about you just the other day, it had occurred to me that we hadn’t heard from you for a while. Glad to hear Jett‘s doing so well and enjoying his training;   Humphrey (now 5) has calmed down a lot but still loves any sort of nose work which we try to combine with other things to keep it interesting. He‘s pretty good on the whole, the only thing we still haven‘t really mastered is managing to get him to walk nicely on the lead in busy areas without me constantly having to remind him not to pull but I‘ve resigned myself to probably never achieving perfection! But then - who wants a perfect dog???  :lol2: 
Glad you decided to pop back in here, its been pretty quiet lately and its always nice to hear from some of the names from times ago!
Humphrey sends welcoming tail wags to Jett (he was VERY envious of that beautiful kennel that you built for Jett !!  ;) :lol2: :lol2:)

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 07:21:53 PM »
Hello Mark and Jett, good to see you found your way back to us - all that good scentwork no doubt  ;)

The boys are fine,  they are still as crazy as ever, but in a good way (most the time :lol2:) a bit older now obviously at 7 and nearly 6, so I am ever hopeful they will calm down - but not too much.

Hi, thanks for your  message. I'm pleased to hear your boys are well and still as crazy, it would be boring if they were anything different  :lol2:

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 07:34:25 PM »
Hi!! I was thinking about you just the other day, it had occurred to me that we hadn’t heard from you for a while. Glad to hear Jett‘s doing so well and enjoying his training;   Humphrey (now 5) has calmed down a lot but still loves any sort of nose work which we try to combine with other things to keep it interesting. He‘s pretty good on the whole, the only thing we still haven‘t really mastered is managing to get him to walk nicely on the lead in busy areas without me constantly having to remind him not to pull but I‘ve resigned myself to probably never achieving perfection! But then - who wants a perfect dog???  :lol2: 
Glad you decided to pop back in here, its been pretty quiet lately and its always nice to hear from some of the names from times ago!
Humphrey sends welcoming tail wags to Jett (he was VERY envious of that beautiful kennel that you built for Jett !!  ;) :lol2: :lol2:)

Hi bizzylizzy, really nice to hear from you. I can't believe Humphrey is now 5 and my Jett is 4 soon. Its mad & scary how fast time goes by.
I know exactly what you mean about the walking nicely on the lead, Jett struggles at this. He remembers for about 5 seconds then pulls like a train again  :005:
I've got to the point of thinking, its just what Jett does and i'm never going to change that.
Over the past year we have been doing our good citizen kennel club badge, he passed the bronze and has been working on the silver and also goes to the gold class (in preparation). In the gold class its all off lead, this is a big bonus as there is no pulling  :banana:

The kennel took me a long time to build and I did it from scratch, I was hoping Jett could lay in there for shade or peice and quiet. I even put a lovely bed in there. I built it just before I got him and he has used it a massive ZERO times  :rofl1: I should of just bought one as the thing cost a small fortune in wood as well :005:
I think he does it on purpose sometimes as he knows how much effort I put in to it  :lol2:
I reckon if I put an old box next to it, he would get in that  >:D

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »
Hallo again, nice to hear you and Jet are well and happy. Dylan is five now, still a bouncy, happy dog, tails never stops wagging, and still obsessed with tea towels, and my slippers. My best pal  :luv:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »
Hello there and welcome back, lovely to hear from you and Jett.  The forum has been quiet, but a few people have come back on and it's starting to get a bit busier, which is nice.

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 09:04:19 AM »
Hallo again, nice to hear you and Jet are well and happy. Dylan is five now, still a bouncy, happy dog, tails never stops wagging, and still obsessed with tea towels, and my slippers. My best pal  :luv:

Lesley and Dylan

Hello Lesley & Dylan

Really pleased to hear you and Dylan are doing well. Cockers are so special, all they want to do is be happy and make us happy. No matter what they do (stealing stuff etc) they never mean any harm and most of the time I believe they are trying to make us happy.

Mark

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
Hello there and welcome back, lovely to hear from you and Jett.  The forum has been quiet, but a few people have come back on and it's starting to get a bit busier, which is nice.

Hi ejp, thanks for your message. It's nice to be back and see all the familiar names. :D