Cocker Specific Discussion > Health
interesting reading - vets on vaccines
(1/7) > >>
Helen:
Worth a few minutes to read I believe  ;)

http://www.petparentsactiongroup.org/vets-on-vaccines.html
bentley1984:
That's definitely worth a read xx
Neon:
The sooner these sentiments are echoed by all vets the better, in my opinion.  This quote says it all!  (very interesting reading).

“I totally embrace my profession and always have, but  the pharmaceutical industry has considerable influence on it; there is a huge marketing effort here – that’s their job. We are the ones that need to ‘sift’ this information appropriately. We, the consumer professionals, have allowed this influence to go unchecked.  It’s time for senior members of our profession to step up and place controls on the commercial influence upon relatively naive veterinary students and new graduates. This influence is even stronger in the pet food and supplements industry.  The government also needs to be more proactive and keep up to date.” 
MacTavish Boys:
Thanks for that Helen, very interesting reading :shades:. Our first Cocker i only had vaccinated for the first couple of years, then i heard of a local dog dying prematurely due to vaccintations. so after that Donald our boy never had another vaccintation and lived to he was nearly 16 ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
JaspersMum:
I read something in one of the Homeopathic books the other day that if you do have to vaccinate, give 30c Thuja within 24 hours to offset the possible side effects

Will read the article in full later
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version