Author Topic: Henry Is Poorly Again (Another Update, 28th March) Page 7  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Henry Is Poorly Again (Another Update, 28th March) Page 7
« on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
I'm quite worried about Henry who is off colour again.  He wasn't well over the weekend, two weeks ago, when he wouldn't eat and was lethergic.  I took him to the vet on the Monday where he was given an anti-emetic and antibiotic injections.  Next day he was fine and I returned to the vet on the Wednesday for a check up and the vet declared him fit.  Unfortunately, he has been up and down with this condition.  Went back to the vet on Monday for a check up and he was fine.  On Tuesday night he vomited and wouldn't eat, and was the same yesterday.  We visited the vet last night for his blood test for his Epiphen levels, and the vet examined him again, but couldn't find anything untoward from a physical examination.  He also took blood for liver toxicity tests, and I have to 'phone after 1.00pm for the result.

Henry is still off colour and refuses to eat.  He vomited agin in the night and is lethargic.  I'm just praying that this is a stomach upset and nothing more sinister.

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
Re: Henry Is Poorly Again
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »
Awe poor wee boy  :luv: Sending positive vibes. Hope its just a nasty old tummy upset and he will be better soon   

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
I am so to hear that Henry is feeling so unwell Robbie  :016: sending lots of love and positive thoughts to you both  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »
Poor Henry and poor you. Let us know what they say when you call the vet later.
Fingers crossed its just a little bug of some sorts.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »
Poor Henry. I hope the vet has some answers for you when you phone and that Henry is back to normal very soon :bigarmhug:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
I am so sorry he is unwell, positive thoughts coming your way.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

Hi

Sorry to hear about Henry's problems :'(

We had a similar situation a few weeks back when mine was vomiting bile and wouldn't eat, vet gave her injections and thought it may be an allergy :huh: from something she's possibly picked up outside >:( next visit they then thought it could be the rock salt council put on the roads :dunno:
However, the reason for this post is to say it passed and I'm sure Henry will be well soon too :luv:

Mel.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that Henry is poorly - It sounds like a tummy bug to me, have you done the usual and put him on chicken and rice for a few day - that usually sorts most of them out.  How are things going with the epilepsy?

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
I 'phoned the Vet this afternoon and his liver seems to be OK.  His white blood count is high and there is an issue with his kidney function but not serious.  The Vet says that the white cells indicate an infection and I have collected a supply of antibiotics.  I have to 'phone tomorrow about the test for levels of Epiphen. 

Henry is still very much under the weather and refuses to eat.  He wants to lie down somewhere cool and was laying on the patio by the ivy covered fence.  He wasn't worried about the drizzle, and I had to shout at him to make him come inside.  He's lying under the stairs at the moment.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear Henry is ill, but glad to hear that his liver tests have came back normal. Really hope it is just a bug going around and have everything crossed he soon perks up - he is such a lovely boy :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »
Aww poor Henry, I hope after a couple of days on the antibiotics he is feeling better.
Glad the liver came back normal.

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Poor baby  :luv: I hope Henry picks up real soon Robbie  :luv: it's awful when they are poorly get well soon little man x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »
I'm sorry Henry is poorly Robbie, it's a worry for you, and you have had enough of that lately.  Really hope this is a tummy bug and Henry starts to feel better soon.  :luv:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »
Poor Henry, hope he feels a lot better very soon and it is just an upset tummy.  I can understand how worrying this must be for you.

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »
I'm sorry Henry is not well. Hope it's nothing serious and he feels better soon :luv:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A