Author Topic: Worming, how often?  (Read 512 times)

Offline abkb

• Donator
Worming, how often?
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
Got myself confused. Do I;

- worm Fin monthly until 6 months old OR

-worm Fin monthly until 3 months old and then every 3 months after that?

Can't remember what I did with Molly at this age. He's now 4 months old so just wondering if I need to worm him again.

Thank you!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Worming, how often?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
What does your vet recommend?
Julie and Watson

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Henry was wormed every month until 6 months (just looked up in my old diary where I wrote these things down to remind me to give him the pills). The vet said it was only every 6 months after that but he did then get both tape and round worm at 9 months, so I will now be worming him every 3 months, since he eats everything. Ooh, just reminded me that I need to do the next one!

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
Yep every month till 6 month then every three months. Ive just wormed riley a few weeks back.
Nightmare he smelled every bit of the broken tablet no matter how I disguised it.

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:40:22 PM »
Thank you  :D
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
Yep every month till 6 month then every three months. Ive just wormed riley a few weeks back.
Nightmare he smelled every bit of the broken tablet no matter how I disguised it.

We had this problem too until we discovered wrapping it in the centre bit of wafer thin ham or chicken meant it was swallowed whole without her knowing. Rowan loves ham and chicken so we give one folded parcel empty then the 2nd with a tablet in and she's none the wiser as she never stops to sniff!!
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.