Author Topic: Dylan is Really Poorly - Confirmed Pancreatitis Updated 😃😃  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Mandy and Teddy

Re: Dylan is Really Poorly - Confirmed Pancreatitis Updated😒
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »
What a terrible time you have all had, poor little Dylan my heart was in my throat reading this. I really do hope he is fully recovered soon.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 04:41:46 PM »
Glad he's still improving.  :bigarmhug:
It's a bit of a struggle food-wise when you have a dog with pancreatitis. My last boy Dickon suffered from it for the last for years of his life. He gave it to himself by stealing a large, chocolate Santa from my nieces stocking one Christmas. He was very ill but suffered smaller episodes afterwards. Stress was a trigger and I had to monitor his diet very carefully. Everything had to be very low fat. Eventually he was put on Royal Canin Gastro intestinal. Now, I know the ingredients don't look great but it was absolutely the best food for him. He was so much better on it. He had a small amount of boring old Chappie mixed in to make it interesting. If he ever was suffering a bout then I resorted to chicken and rice, little and often. I used to boil the chicken and he was a big fan of he stock!  ;)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »
Glad to hear he is doing so well :luv:. It's a horrible illness, but one that can be managed with most dogs, it seems. Brodie has never had a relapse, thankfully, but I have to be so very careful with her diet. If she eats the wrong thing it can take ages for things to settle back down. I know there are others on here whose dogs eat more or less normal diets. Hopefully it will be that way for Dylan :luv:

There's a wet food version of the RC food that Archie bean mentions, it only has 1.7% fat in it and may be more tempting than kibble? It is what Brodie was on while her enzyme levels returned to normal. There are also one or two other wet foods with very low fat levels, I think NatureDiet have a fish version at 2%, although I could be wrong.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »
Well Dylan thankfully continues to improve & indeed if you didn't know, you probably wouldn't relies how I'll he'd been, except fir the weight he's lost & not so much energy.
Took him out this morning & he was fine, though slower than normal. On 3 meals from today so hopefully he will come through this change
We reviewed by the vets last night & they were really pleased with him - he admitted that he didn't think he'd be seeing him again. That made me cry as it bought home how poorly my baby was😢
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline dawn

Re: Dylan is Really Poorly - Confirmed Pancreatitis Updated 😃😃
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »
Gosh, what a close shave, and how quickly it happens. Hope Dylan continues to improves. ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Dylan is Really Poorly - Confirmed Pancreatitis Updated 😃😃
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
So pleased he is doing well, wishing him a full speedy recovery  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.