Author Topic: Expensive dishcloth  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ips

Expensive dishcloth
« on: December 29, 2020, 02:27:00 PM »
Little sod ate a dishcloth, she has eaten stuff before and it's come out one end or the other but this was somewhat larger so after ringing emergency vet as our local one is closed until new year we were told to take her straight in. One injection to induce vomiting and £144 less in my wallet and said dishcloth was regurgitated.....grrr
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Expensive dishcloth
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:39:18 PM »
So know that feeling - hope she is ok, had to do this to mine a few years back as we weren't sure if she had got to some mouse poison whilst being round at a friends house - It's horrible to watch them being sick after having this injection and costly too

Poor wee mite will feel sorry for herself for a few hours but will be back to normal tonight / tomorrow morning :)  :luv:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »
Oh no! Why do they always insist on eating foreign objects and poisoning themselves when the normal vet is closed? Silly dogs! Good thing the injection did the trick, that's worth celebrating once the annoyance wears off. Dishcloth in the intestines can quickly end up with an even more expensive and scary emergency surgery. Glad the "little sod" is ok, hope the wallet recovers!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »
Oh oh Eeeeeeezze!!! You little monkey! - No doubt you‘d have been more readily forgiven if you‘d cleaned the dishes with it first!!  :lol2: :lol2:
Glad she‘s ok Ian, they do like to keep us on our toes!  :luv:

Offline ips

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 05:55:22 PM »
Thanks everyone 😁
She seems fine today which is more than I can say about my wallet 🤣 we are out beating tomorrow so that will keep her out of mischief 😁

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:04 PM »
Wee monkey!  They can judge it for a weekend or a bank holiday, just when it is most expensive!  Hope there are no lasting side effects, aside from your poor empty wallet  ph34r

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
Little monkey. She was obviously bored or had you ignored her for a milli second. Glad to hear you both are still able to get in some beating.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ips

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
MIN
Never stopped apart from Nov lockdown, had a very busy season beating and shooting 😁👍

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
MIN
Never stopped apart from Nov lockdown, had a very busy season beating and shooting

Luckily our  shoot estate is on both sides of the border so we have been busy flitting from one side to the other
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----