Author Topic: sick after worming  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
sick after worming
« on: February 22, 2004, 07:58:02 PM »
hello all,
I have wormed Jess today with panacur favourites.  They are a meaty tablet.  She ate it all no problems but she has been quite hyper all afternoon and then about 5 hours after eating it, she was sick.

I normally worm her with the panacur paste and must say that I have never had a problem with this.  As she is 6 months I thought she could have the panacur favourites instead.  obviously they don't agree with her.

Is it ok to use panacur paste when your pup is over 6 months old?  As stated she tolerated this with no problems whatsoever.  other than that should i try something totally different like drontal perhaps?  

Linda and Jess                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
sick after worming
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 08:25:56 PM »
Hi Linda

I know a lot of people have had problems with Panacur, but that's what Morgan's breeder was using and I continued this as Morgan seemed fine on it.  He's 2 years old and I still use the paste although the dosage is calculated differently for adult dogs.  Where as puppies are treated over three days, older dogs should be given a single dose of 2 syringe graduations per 1kg body weight.  If you found that she tolerated the paste before, I can't really see any problem with continuing to use it, now.

Hope Jess is feeling better soon  :?  :)                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
sick after worming
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 08:31:45 PM »
You can use Panacur Paste in dogs of any age so if you are happy enough with that, you can carry on using it. Or if you wish, you could try her on Drontal or Milbemax - both are top quality multi wormers but they may not suit Jess. What suits one dog may not suit another so its very much trial and error really. The panacur favourites will have been in her system long enough to have some effect so unless you suspect her of having worms, I wouldn't give her another treatment straight away.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
sick after worming
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 08:35:10 PM »
Thanks Shirley,

I will go back to the paste definitely as I've never had a problem on this.  Although she was sick, she still gobbled down her tea :lol:

Linda and Jess                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
sick after worming
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 08:39:09 PM »
Thanks Gill,

I wont worm her now for another 3 months.  I havn't noticed any symptoms that would lead me to believe otherwise.

I'll go back to the paste as i know she tolerates that very well rather than trying another new chemical :lol:

Cheers again folks,

Linda and Jess                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx