Author Topic: DNA test  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: DNA test
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:02 PM »
Leo looks like a working cocker to me and very handsome too  :luv:

I have had two show boys both vastly different in looks. Ben's pedigree was top notch in terms of loads of show champions and really good well known breed lines, but although he was my completely adored boy, to my eyes he never really looked like a 'proper' spaniel and the number of people who asked what sort of dog was he  :lol2: I used to have all sorts of fun telling people he was a Russian boghound or something ridiculous !! Naughty I know but I got fed up of people saying he didn't look like a cocker

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 05:58:59 AM »
Leo looks like a working cocker to me and very handsome too  :luv:

I have had two show boys both vastly different in looks. Ben's pedigree was top notch in terms of loads of show champions and really good well known breed lines, but although he was my completely adored boy, to my eyes he never really looked like a 'proper' spaniel and the number of people who asked what sort of dog was he  :lol2: I used to have all sorts of fun telling people he was a Russian boghound or something ridiculous !! Naughty I know but I got fed up of people saying he didn't look like a cocker

:005:  :005: :005:

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 07:00:02 AM »
Now Ollie had a vet who took one look at him and said he was the smallest cocker male he had seen.  :P
Another vet said he felt he needed his teeth cleaning and possible extractions, this was when he was on antibiotics to heal an abscess on his rear end, after a check up 2 weeks later I mentioned it to the lady vet, she looked at his teeth sold me a toothpaste

Me thinks some vets are obsessed with size,  teeth and castration

Our vets are definately obsessed with size! But they get out this generic size chart for dog breeds. Look at cocker spaniel and say 'oh he's 5kgs over Weight!' last time they said it I asked them to judge his weight on a visual check and they agreed he was a good weight instead!!!

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 06:19:52 PM »
It's amazing how they forget to just look at the Dog in front of them  >:(

Offline Blondeduke

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 09:23:13 PM »
Hi at a glance without reading the other comments I thought working cocker prob ears being brushed to perfection!. But definitely looks cocker to me. Well today I took my show cocker pup to vets who is KC pedigree etc I did my research and a couple asked me if he was a springer. Last week someone asked me if he was a Jack Russell. My last show cocker looked like the lovely troubadour shch and people asked me if he was a springer! He was perfect show cocker specifications etc.
Enjoy your dog looks v happy.