Author Topic: Training - what would you do?  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Lily Pup

Training - what would you do?
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »
I thought I'd found Lily a good gun dog training club, we met the guy at a local game fair scurrying demonstration, when I've asked around about him a few people know the club and said it was good so they'd heard.

I emailed them and they came back with Ideally Lily needs to be 5 months old to start.  So we said we'd be back in touch.

Lily'll be 5 months next week and we wanted to book a 1:1 session before we started the club to a) see what the trainer was like, what methods he used etc and b) to get a bit of a start so we're not entirely clueless on the day  :D

For the past 2 weeks or so I've tried to ring twice and left messages, texted him and sent an email at various intervals but I've heard nothing back, their website is 'down for maintainence' too  >:(

I really hate bad customer service and I'm getting more and more wound up now, I was so looking forward to taking her. 

Evidently there's 2 trainers so if ones on holiday it should be covered.   Should I start looking for another club or hang on a bit?

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
Re: Training - what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
Both  ;)  :D

Offline spaniel04

Re: Training - what would you do?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
I think I know which trainer you mean. I sometimes have a look at the forum on his website and I have noticed that the site is currently down. I don't know the trainer personally but I have heard alot of good things about him and his training club. I would definitely hang on and wait to hear back from him. You are keen to get started which I understand but your pup is still very young so you are not going to fall behind or anything like that. One thing I would suggest is to get a training dvd either by David Lisett or Simon Tyers. The first dvd in the series covers all aspects of early puppy gundog training. It will give you an idea of what you are aiming for.
Good luck.  ;)