Author Topic: Four Paws Animal Rescue - Seeking volunteers  (Read 2129 times)

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
Four Paws Animal Rescue - Seeking volunteers
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »
Please see below a list of roles at Four Paws, as we have grown over the last year it has become impossible for the trustees to cover all the essential roles which help Four Paws to function effectively. Therefore we are looking for volunteers who would like to fill some of the roles. Each role requires a person who is dedicated and confident as each of the roles is important for things to run smoothly.

Training and a comprehensive role description will be provided for all roles. If you already occupy a role within Four Paws we ask that you not apply at this stage in order for all volunteers to have a chance and to avoid overloading, however you can email in an expression of interest.

These roles don't need to be filled by a local and anyone, regardless of base, can apply.

Please email enquiries@fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk stating the role you are interested in and the skills you have that would make you suitable for the role.

Closing Date 18 August

Hand In Administrator

Role Description

-Monitor the Hand In list
-Phoning applicants at intervals to check their status
-Alerting Kirsty to any unusually breed hand ins or unusual circumstances

The role reports directly to the trustees and requires a volunteer who can be assertive and who has a comfortable and confident telephone manner. In no circumstances will the volunteer be required to bring in hand in dogs without authorisation. The ability to use google docs will be essential (Training will be given)

*Data Protection Act Applies

Homecheck Co-Ordinator

Role Description

Posting for a Homechecker - on the forum if its South Wales, plus Dog Pages if its out of the area
Monitor replies and PM over details of application to homechecker (can be cut from the applications database)
For volunteers from Dog Pages the details need to be emailed over, together with our homecheck form
Update applications database with date of check
When form received back, email to trustee for a Y/N
Lock thread if on our forum or PM a Mod for it to be locked if its Dog Pages

Person will need to be:
Have reasonable writing skills
Tenacious
Good, confident communicator

Foster Database Administrator

Role Description
- Monitor the Foster Care applications Database
- Prune innapropriate applications based on guidelines and email unsuccessful applications
- Post successful application on the forum for homechecking
- Liase with homechecker and pass results on to trustees.

This role requires a volunteer who can work with initiative on their own, have the ability to manage a database on google docs (training will be given). You will need to be familar with foster care agreements and the foster care manual. This role will report directly to the trustees.

Neutering Follow Up

Role Description

- To aid the follow up call volunteer in following up pup adoptions.
- Working with the Adoption Co-ordinator to establish a procedure for neuter follow ups
- Phoning adoptees
- Posting paperwork

The volunteer will need to be assertive and have a good working knowledge of the Four Paws neutering policies. A good telephone manner is required. This role will report directly to the Adoption Co-ordinator.

We are also always looking for volunteers local to the south wales area to help out at show and meet and greets etc. Or if you would like to help but not sure what you can do use the chat thread on our forum. You could always help with online fundraising, just putting up posters, spreading the word etc...

There is a chat thread on the forum if you have any questions - http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/i...hp?topic=6504.0

*Posted with Mod permission, thank you *
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
Re: Four Paws Animal Rescue - Seeking volunteers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »
Some more roles:

Fundraising Manager

Role Description

-Head a team of volunteers with overall responsibility for fundraising
-Look into new fundraising options
-Support the various members of the fundraising team as required.

The role reports directly to the trustees and requires a volunteer who can be assertive and has a comfortable telephone manner. The ability to work well as part of a team is essential, previous experience of fundraising and supervising would be beneficial but not essential. Ideally you will be based in South Wales or prepared to travel reguarly for meetings etc. The ability to use google docs will be essential (Training will be given)

Website Manager

Role Description

- Takeover the day-to-day running of the rescue website.
- Have the creative ability to improve the site which acts as the Rescues Shop Window.

This role requires someone with good computer literacy skills and ideally knowledge of html and photo editing, though some tuition in this can be provided (there are also lots of useful guides online.) You will be responsible for keeping the website up-to-date, including adding and removing dogs as they become available and are rehomed. Adding new events/ fundraising initiatives etc. Once you are comfortable with this, you can update the site design etc as you wish. This is a role that can be done from anywhere in the country.

Online Fundraising Co-ordinator

Role Description

- Organise twice yearly online auctions
- Organise online photo competitions
- Be proactive in thinking of other online fundraising ideas.
- Assist with the creation of justgiving pages.

The role reports in to the Fundraising Manager and requires a volunteer who is happy to email companies asking for donations, manage the relationships with these companies and keep a check on who we contact for what. We have a number of other online fundraising ideas but are always on the look out for more. As part of your role you will support others raising money online. This is a role that can be done from anywhere in the country as it's predominantly a case of emailing. The ability to use google docs will be essential (Training will be given)

Events Manager

Role Description

- Organise our attendance at dog shows, local events etc throughout the year.
- Ensure that there is enough staff to man the stalls for each event and that there is someone to set-up, pack up etc.
- Play a key-role in the organisation of Four Paws events, annual show, homes4paws etc.

This role would report into the Fundraising Manager and requires a candidate who can ideally attend a number of shows themselves. You need to be well organised and happy to organise others. Ideally you will be based in South Wales or prepared to travel regularly to attend shows etc.

Volunteer Co-ordinator

Role Description

- Be a first point of contact for new volunteers who would like to help.
- Look into ways of recruiting new volunteers

As a volunteer based rescue recruiting new volunteers is important for the continuation of the rescue. The role reports directly to the trustees and requires a volunteer who can be assertive and has a comfortable telephone manner. This role could be performed by someone who is either local or not as the majority of the role could be done via email/ telephone/ Internet. You will need to have a good understanding of the volunteering roles available within the rescue - fostering, fundraising etc and work well with the Events Manager, Meet & Greets co-ordinator etc.

Supplies Co-ordinator

Role Description

-Deliver food etc to foster carers
-Keep an eye on stock levels
-Collect donations from volunteers, vets etc

The role reports directly to the trustees and requires a volunteer with a clean driving license and their own form of transport. It could be done during the week or weekend, either at set times or ad hoc. Ideally you would be happy to collect items and deliver as required, or find others who can help if you are unable to. We have a lock-up where items are stored, though if you have some space in your house/ garage to store strictly food only that would be helpfull.  Reasonable expenses for petrol etc will be provided.

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »
I applied for homecheck coordinator. I can make the time and it would be a way of doing more for something I believe in.

Offline black taz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
any idea of how much time commitment would be required?

thanks

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »

thanks

Probably best to ask on the Four Paws forum - Emily gives a link to it in her first post
Jane

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
grrrr....i cant send a message to the enquiries email as i dont have the right info for windows messenger apparently....i will keep trying

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:10 PM »
You could always PM Emily or Penny  :D
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:11:32 AM »
I applied for homecheck coordinator. I can make the time and it would be a way of doing more for something I believe in.

Thank you  :D

grrrr....i cant send a message to the enquiries email as i dont have the right info for windows messenger apparently....i will keep trying

Have pm'ed you back

thanks

I can only comment personally on the website and online fundraising role. The website manager role could take anything from a couple of hours a week to however long you wanted to spend on it. Same with the online fundraising role. Like Jane says if you have any other questions or want to talk to anyone please drop me a PM or pop over to our forum - http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/i...hp?topic=6504.0

Thanks Emily x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 08:26:47 AM »
Many thanks if you have submitted your interest in a role at Four Paws. Please bear with us as we go through all the expressions of interest and we hope to be in touch really soon.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!