Author Topic: What colour would you say Maisy is?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
Re: What colour would you say Maisy is?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 12:11:19 PM »
What have I started  :005:

To me she is getting darker, I will try and post some pictures tonight.  The hair on her tummy is a lot lighter too. 

Debbie - Ben is lovely, such a cute puppy picture too  :luv:

So is there any genetic problems related to reds?  My sister told me (after I got Maisy  >:( ) that goldens are sometimes more highly strung? not sure where she heard this but she has a Blue Rhone called Eddie and he is mad  :005:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »
So is there any genetic problems related to reds?  My sister told me (after I got Maisy  >:( ) that goldens are sometimes more highly strung? not sure where she heard this but she has a Blue Rhone called Eddie and he is mad  :005:

Red and Gold are genetically the same colour - it's the presence of other modifying genes which will determine whether the colour will be darker (red) or paler (gold). There are no genetic problems which are proven to be linked to specific colours only so I'd ignore your sister if I were you :005:
Jane

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
A lovely rich RED almost chestnut, Maisy is beautiful I must say.  :luv:
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline k977

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 11:40:15 AM »
I'd say Red

Offline Billbo

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »
Yes, she definitley looks red, were her parents black and tans, by any chance? You tend to get the dark red when these two colours are used. Though photo's can be deceiving and can reflect different tones altogether so I would never judge solely by a photograph.

But you appear to have a little red girl  ;) she's lovely!!!  By the way no, no temperament probs with reds.