Author Topic: Tail Docking Ban postponed?  (Read 1245 times)

Offline k977

• Site Member
Tail Docking Ban postponed?
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
 Have just heard from a friend that the docking ban thats coming in within the next 2 days(6th) is going to be postponed for some reason?
Does any one know if this is true? :huh:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Tail Docking Ban postponed?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
I've just been emailed a petition for gundog breeds etc petition is to downing street and it's to finish 23rd Nov 2007, so possibly what you have heard is true

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »
It's not true AFAIK - the Act has now passed through every stage it needs to and is now law, there is no turning back. For those wanting info on the new law and how it will affect them, the KC has some very detailed info on their website HERE
Jane

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »
What a sad day.The end of an era,and to all those lovely waggy back ends that is the characteristic of the merry cocker.Please dont judge me on this,we all have our opinions,i like the whole package of the cocker like it was,not what its going to be.They  lose there soul undocked,and i,m not on my own thinking this,most people i,ve talked to around the shows think the same.But its law,so we abide by it,but we dont have to like it,or agree with it.At least we,ve still got freedom of thought,for the moment.

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
They  lose there soul undocked..

I don't think that's true at all - a Cocker is a Cocker is a Cocker with or without a long tail ;) However, we'll leave it at that for now & just stick to factual threads on this subject for now, thanks.

Jane