Author Topic: ARRRRg Toilet training in this weather....  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
ARRRRg Toilet training in this weather....
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »
....Anni has decided its much warmer ( and drier) to wee in the house..2 weeks toilet training down the .....TOILET
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: ARRRRg Toilet training in this weather....
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:58:30 PM »

Yup that sounds familiar - I'm assured it's not uncommon!
 >:D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
yep  :005: a spot of rain and you have a battle to get them out  :005:
why did we all get puppies in winter  :huh: i should know better...ive just got my second winter puppy  :P

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
I remember that (although not that long ago) - i was out in wellies and dressing gown one morning trying to coax bella out. She loves the rain now though - the wetter the better

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
I've got a water loving pup too...I went home yesterday evening almost hoping that Jake wouldn't want to venture out in the rain but no, Jake had a wonderful time running around like a looney in the park and as he wasn't quite wet enough, rolling around in the wet grass.

Nutter!

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »
....Anni has decided its much warmer ( and drier) to wee in the house..2 weeks toilet training down the .....TOILET

Are you taking her out regularly, and staying with her until she does something?  Then giving her lots of praise and a reward?

I got my first two Cocker Spaniels in Winter - Jason in February; Benjie in January.  I used to stay outside with them, in the cold, wet, and snow, until they did something.  First thing in the morning; after they had had something to eat or drink; and before I went to bed.   They were both clean in a matter of weeks.  Jason, a little black one, was clean in just over a week.  He used to cry to go out, struggle to perform, and then run in and wait by the fridge for his Doggychoc.  Of course, there was the occasional mishap, but only to be expected with puppies.

I used to freeze, but it was worth it.  They used to like to play at first, and I'd have to hang around until they performed.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
oooh yes im out in my coat.... .... >:(  lots of praise just sometimes you miss it ha ha.....she is left 2 hours ish in bits during the day and we get the odd wee but she's 15 weeks  on friday so i expect that....winter puppies eh
Maisie the Cav was a summer pup so really easy..(although my god she will only go out if shes desparate...cast iron bladder)...Ollie the Cav we lost was a winter pup so its bringing back memories  ::)

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »
Herbie isnt  too keen on the rain OR the dark come to that - which it is after about 4.30 :-\
He's still doing well tho even if I do have to stand outside in the cold, wet dark weather!

If he has an accident I pop him straight outside after.
Hopefully it won't take too long for him to realise he goes outside to wee or he goes outside anyway :P
The Herbster!!

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »
i have been very lucky with George and Hamish, both had no problems going out in the rain, while they were doing their potty training  ph34r :005: the wetter the better :shades:
stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline jenza

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »
 :lol:  I think I must have a 'I don't like the rain' pup too, I have just spent most of the day coaxing her to do something.......only thing she wants to do is dive under our oil tank and sits there in the dry sitting looking at me squelching around the garden in wellies and raincoat !   Isn't it fun trying to get your wellies on when you need to get them out quick :005:

BTW Is it normal for pups to hold onto their poo, she hasn't been since last night - really getting worried

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 09:47:18 PM »
Ooo. Had my pup a DAY and I'm with you on this. However, I'm okay with it at the mo. It's when it gets windy that i'll want to cry, lol.

Uh huh, my pup doesn't like the rain either. He runs to the back step and I have to get him to come to me, lol. Bloody weather.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
yes i have to say i have been thoroughly soaked today  >:(

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »

Yup, I OH and I have been donning coats and going out, while Honey just sits looking pitiful...

She doesn't like being wet full stop - once she's wet on walks then she starts whining and pulling all the way home!!!
I'm sure she'll improve.... she doesn't mind a little rain, it was the torrential rain at the weekend she wasn't keen on!

She really wasn't happy when she discovered she couldn't walk on water and landed up having her first swim!

:005:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Doggone Mad

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
Hamish hates going out when its pouring with rain like it is this morning.  I donned my wellies & waterproofs all ready to take him out for a nice wee run and he wasn't having any of it.  Quickly did his business and back inside to warmth and comfort !

Offline *kimbo*

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
I feel your pain!!! I am going though the same thing with Zara, although I can understand why they dont want to go out, I dont like it much either!!!