Author Topic: Owning a Cocker  (Read 1601 times)

Offline LCQ

Owning a Cocker
« on: June 28, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
Owning a Cocker is like having a baby who can already walk, run & swim! :luv:

What joy they bring us & ask nothing in return.
Lin, Dave, Toska & Barley

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
Re: Owning a Cocker
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
your very right, they only want love in return, which is very easy to give them  :luv:
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
Owning a cocker............has to be one of the best things we have ever bought, he brings so much joy into our lives and I swear he can speak through the expressions on his face :shades: :005:
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline LizzieD

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »
your very right, they only want love in return, which is very easy to give them  :luv:

Absolutely - and they don't grow up wanting to go on expensive school trips,  'needing' kayaks, prom dresses & taxi services etc.  :lol2:  :lol2:
As Millie is our first ever dog (I never really knew any dogs at all as a child) I don't think I realised quite how much she would change our lives - for the better. She brings so much love & laughter into the house - I can't imagine life without her now.  :luv:  :luv:
Children grow up and don't want cuddles, but dogs are puppies for life.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 01:46:16 AM »
omg you are so right....Annie is our baby which many of our friends find wierd  ph34r but her total devotion is more than any hooman gives. Ive been really poorly this wek snd she's been there with cocker cuddles and kisses :luv:
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
Owning a cocker has changed my life, we get so much love and affection and go on lovely doggy-friendly holidays now where we get plenty of exercise rather than lying sweating at a poolside! :lol2:

Gari is lying at my feet asleep while I am on here, he is an absolute pleasure to have here and taking him home from the rescue centre was the best decision I ever made. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline hle

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »
Ditto! Have been a cocker owner for most of my life, including as a child. Can't think how I got through those cockerless years. It's those eyes... a thousand expressions all saying the same thing... I love you no matter what you do!

Offline tangojan

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »
I'd been waiting 16 years before we got Tango 3 years ago.  I'd loved golden cockers right from being a child so when the opportunity arose to get one I couldn't believe my luck.  She comes everywhere with us and we do dog friendly holidays too.  The house would certainly be an empty place without her.  When I read some of the stories of how some of your dogs have 'adapted' your homes (chewing, digging up the garden etc...) I realise what a gem we've got.  She has never chewed anything other than her toys (honest!!), we had minimal accidents when housetraining, never 'complains' if left for short periods (our neighbours would let us know!) and is great with people and most other dogs.  She does like pinching socks and does bark a bit too much in the garden but we're working on that.  So basically, she's just great!  I love her to bits!

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »
what i like is the bum wiggling toy carrying welcome i get even when ive only been out the room 5 minutes,and when things go wrong at work say,your spirits are lifted so high when you walk through the door.i couldnt imagine coming home to a house without bonnie.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »
what i like is the bum wiggling toy carrying welcome i get even when ive only been out the room 5 minutes,and when things go wrong at work say,your spirits are lifted so high when you walk through the door.i couldnt imagine coming home to a house without bonnie.

Fred gives the BEST bum wiggling gift bearing greeting and no matter how crap the day one kiss,slobber,tail wag or bouncy greeting and all is right with the world again. Only had him 6 months and cannot imagine what we did without him.
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:26:18 PM »
It is a true honour to own such a wonderful cocker! She is my soul mate my friend and my angel!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »
Owning a cocker is one of the best decisions I ever made in life.
I just love the way they give you everything they have got and expect so little in return.
One little wiggle of that bum or a doey eyed look and I melt everytime  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
They must be good most col-ers don't stop at just one :005: :shades: :D,
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »
What joy they bring us & ask nothing in return.

billy asks for plenty in return  :005: