Author Topic: Murron's moving on  (Read 6041 times)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
Murron's moving on
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:12:21 PM »
to a new home.

I haven't been COL much for a long time and for the very hard reason that on Boxing day I knew I had to re-home my Miss Murron. It has been a very hard decision to come to and after several offers of homes, I have decided on a working life for her on an estate about 20 miles away.

I have been struggling with Murron for quite some time; Murron is a very independent, strong willed and very hard hunting driven dog. I have not been able to give Murron the exposure to game or meet her hunting instinct and between this and my separation I knew I could not keep all 3 girls. As I felt I was not meeting Murron's needs, it is best to let her go to an environment where she will get the life she was bred for and the one she deserves.

I had Murron out beating on the estate with Breagh this past season and the Gamekeeper just fell for her. He is looking for a good hunter and Miss Murron certainly is that.

I know that Ian will be able to give her what she needs and I will be able to see her grow in her working life in the future. This however, does not make it any easier to part with my girl. I have had her since she was 10 weeks old and she will be 3 in May. I have put a lot of work into her as I do all my dogs and I wish the outcome could be different but it's not and I feel I would be doing Murron a disservice by trying to keep her and not giving her the life she needs.

Murron will be finished her season on Thursday, so I will be taking her out to the estate on Friday to start her new life  :'( It's going to be a hard day and I am going to take her to the beach and dunes for one hell of a blast; just her and me before I take her to Ian's. I know she is going to love her new life and I have to put my emotions aside and hold onto that and be happy for her.

Little did I know when Murron's photo won June 2011 on the COL calender she would not be with me when the time comes to appreciate it. It's scary how life changes so quickly.

O.K folks, that should explain my absence for the last couple of months. I tend to hide away when I have to deal with issues. I hope to catch up with all the COL goings on soon.

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place mods.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Murron's moving on
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
It's scary how life changes so quickly.

.......could be any one of us, at any time  :'(

So sorry Hun - caring hugs for you at this difficult time  :bigarmhug:   but sounds like Murron will be just fine & you will be lucky enough to see her leading the life that you want for her  ;) :luv:  :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Im glad you can now post about it.

I know exactley how you feel hun and im only at the end of the phone if you need to talk  :-*

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
thinking of you :bigarmhug:

Cath you're doing the best for her - that's all anyone can do, and I admire you for being so selfless and putting her needs first  :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:36:53 PM »
Thinking of you Cath, you've done what you have to do for Murron's happiness.  I can't think of anything more loving you could do for her, especially as it sounds like she's going to have a fab life and you can still know where she is  :luv:

take care

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
If only everyone put their dog's interest and well-being FIRST...............
You are being so selfless Cath, and you know your doggie will have a good life, and quality existence.  Sending you huge hugs. xxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
Thinking of you Cath, you've done what you have to do for Murron's happiness.  I can't think of anything more loving you could do for her, especially as it sounds like she's going to have a fab life and you can still know where she is  :luv:

take care

Absolutely  agree!   :bigarmhug:

:luv:

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:07 AM »
I'm sitting here crying. I can feel your pain from your post and I could envisage you handing Murron over on Friday and I could feel your hurt. I admire your selflessness and courage. The hardest thing is, is that we know they never truely forget do they? But it some ways that's comforting to know and her heart will always belong to you. I don't know what else to say other than I'll be thinking of you on Friday.

So sorry you or anyone has to go through this. :'( :'(
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:45:06 AM »

Cath you're doing the best for her - that's all anyone can do, and I admire you for being so selfless and putting her needs first  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Just what I was going to say.

So sad that June's calendar will be difficult for you to enjoy, but it sounds as though you are doing the very best for her and you know she is going to be loved and appreciated.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »
What a lovely Mummy you are :luv: :luv: :luv:  Only the best Mums put their pup's needs over everything else.  Miss Murron will be a very happy girl in her new life...it sounds just like the kinda one she will thrive on.  Yes she will always remember you but that's the one of the best qualities of dogs, their capability to love everyone :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »

Just what I was going to say.

So sad that June's calendar will be difficult for you to enjoy, but it sounds as though you are doing the very best for her and you know she is going to be loved and appreciated.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

I agree - Murron is a lucky girl to have had such a loving mum  :luv:

Enjoy your walk on the dunes together and take care of yourself :bigarmhug:
Julie and Watson

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 08:35:37 AM »
So sorry to hear that Cath.  Knowing what your dogs mean to you I can only imagine what you are going through.  Hopefully see you soon xxx :-*
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
What a lovely Mummy you are :luv: :luv: :luv:  Only the best Mums put their pup's needs over everything else.  Miss Murron will be a very happy girl in her new life...it sounds just like the kinda one she will thrive on.  Yes she will always remember you but that's the one of the best qualities of dogs, their capability to love everyone :luv:

Couldn't have said it better! It still amazes me how selfless people on this forum can be. What a lucky girl to be given the chance to do something she loves despite the fact its going to break her mum's heart.  :luv:

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
Just This.......  
" What a lovely Mummy you are  :luv: :luv:    Only the best Mums put their pup's needs over everything else."

I have tears rolling down my face.... as hard as it is you are doing the right thing for her
 :bigarmhug: Thinking of you

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »
My thoughts are with you too, it must have been a heart wrenching decision but made for all the right reasons.  My hat goes off to you for being so brave, good luck with it all :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!