Author Topic: The Adventures of Maisie  (Read 3738 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
The Adventures of Maisie
« on: August 08, 2020, 05:08:11 AM »
 :luv: :luv:

Well  Maisie has been with me for a week now.  What a week it's been.  Last night at about 9.00pm I had made myself a small mug of tea, I took it into the lounge and then went back into the kitchen for something.  When I returned I could hardly believe my eyes.  Maisie, who had been fast asleep on her fleece blanket on the sofa, was stood up, front paws on the coffee table, picking up the mug of tea.  She jumped off with the mug in her mouth and ran around the lounge swinging the mug and distributing tea all over my carpet.  Only when the mug was empty did she drop it.  >:D  She seems extremely adept at picking things up and carrying them round.  How can a dog pick up a mug of hot tea. My task for today is to clean my lounge carpet.

Earlier this week she removed a glass coaster, which is relatively quite thick and heavy, from my coffee table and was sat in the kitchen with it between her paws looking very proud. Again last night I came out of the shower and got changed, went outside to find my mobile phone on the lawn in several pieces.  It took a while for me to get it going again.  She hadn't chewed it, just took it apart.   What a dog.  Several times this week she has picked up her dinner bowl and ran outside, done two circuits around the lawn with a red bowl in her mouth.  Empty of course.  She has certainly livened up my life, never a dull moment. 

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: The Adventures of Maisie
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
Oh my golly, she sounds a lively one,  :005: :005:you‘re certainly not going to be bored!! They really are little devils though aren‘t they? they‘ll cause chaos but then give you „the look“ knowing full well they‘re unlikely to even get a telling off!!  :luv: :luv:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 09:10:34 AM »
And this is only the first week! I expect we will get some interesting stories from that one in the months ahead  :lol2: :luv: Hopefully no more tea on the carpets!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 09:40:15 AM »
Andrea.....my task today was to ask how Maisie first week had been.... :005: seems eventful - I learnt early on with Ollie that out of sight was out of height :D

Seems your little girl likes to play with things belonging to her Mum - thus getting your attention...can you imagine what you would get up to if she didn't sleep in her crate at night.

How is she on her walks? Anyway have a wonderful weekend and keep us all updated with the next chapter of The Adventures of Maisie.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 02:19:21 PM »
Oh this is going to be good!  Maisie, you little devil  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:  You become settled with your dog, and when a new one arrives the fun and games begin!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 06:57:41 PM »
WOW!! have you thought of changing her name to Kaos  :shades: ;) what fun aye
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 08:40:16 PM »
The naughty ones are the most fun  :lol2:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »
The naughty ones are the most fun  :lol2:
[/quote

Oh so true :rofl1:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 09:34:33 PM »
What a character!  She is being very personal in her choices.  Maybe she thinks the coffee table is her treat table.  So pleased she is gentle and fun.
How do you get her to make eye contact?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 12:27:07 AM »
There’s a saying in my house. If it’s not screwed down.......it’s Archie’s. 

I wonder if he and Maisie might be related?  :shades:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 03:30:37 AM »
 :luv: :luv:

Well two and a half weeks on, Maisie has damaged two pairs of my glasses.  I managed to get the little nose pads replaced on my distance glasses but my reading glasses are destroyed.  The TV remote is another favourite, as is my mobile phone.  I found my mobile in four pieces on the lawn about a week ago.  Managed to sort it out after a lot of fiddling, turning on and off etc.  Clothes pegs, numerous ones destroyed.  I have thrown at least 6 coat hangers in the dustbin since Maisie arrived.  She is so quick and sneaky, you never see her take things.  I am having to re-educate myself when I go to bed to put the remote control and my glasses on the dining table, not leave them on the coffee table as I always have done.  She always takes her prize to the same spot in the garden so I know where to find the stolen item.  The other evening I was washing up and she went out of the back door, trotting most proudly down the garden which made me suspect she had stolen something.  I went to investigate and YES, she had my mobile phone.  I have never owned such a thief.  She is constantly on the look out for something to steal and I now know I can't leave her in a room unattended, even for five minutes.  On Sunday afternoon my husband's cousin and his wife visited.  We were sat outside chatting and suddenly Glenn said what is Maisie doing, she was standing on her back legs at the door to the shed.  Glenn said she has taken the keys out of the padlock and fortunately she dropped them when he went after her.  None of my previous Cockers have been like this.   

Another lovely habit of hers is to go into the walk in shower when I have used it.  Lovely muddy spaniel paws all around the shower tray and the bathroom floor if she has recently been in the garden.  Again I am trying to remember to shut the en suite door firmly so she can't get in there.  However, Maisie is lightening quick and I'm afraid I am not nowadays.  She has certainly livened up my life but I wouldn't be without her.   :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »
It always amazes me how why it is, that they always seem to go for the same thing? I had glasses chewed by my last dog and Humph‘ also went for mobile phones, remotes and, oh yes, the clothes pegs!!! I still find them now occasionally when I‘m weeding!
It sounds as if Maisie‘s feeling at home though  :luv: its natural she‘s aware of new people, heaven knows what‘s she‘s experienced before but with time, she‘ll accept that she‘s got nothing more to fear. Keep up with the updates, its lovely to hear how she‘s progressing! x

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 07:15:33 AM »
 :luv:

I forgot to mention her favourite trick, she will have a little drink when I have filled her water bowl with clean water.  Then when I am out of sight she will upend the bowl, tipping water all over the kitchen floor, and trot around the house very proudly carrying the empty bowl.  If I don't retrieve it quickly she will then have a good chew of the bowl.  While the weather is nice I have been leaving her water outside to avoid a flood, but she still tips the bowl up and marches round the garden carrying it.  A very funny dog.   :005: :005:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »
Try a heavier bowl maybe - I have two heavy ceramic ones with deeps sides („theoretically“ to keep ears out of the dinner!  :shades:)  which are lovely as they don‘t skid around the floor and I also have the feeling that the water stays cooler in the summer.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 10:11:19 AM »
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.