Author Topic: Id tags?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Re: Id tags?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 05:20:44 PM »
I received Jamie's tag today from the Kennel Club.  It has my name, address, postcode and telephone number.  He's also microchipped.

Offline jaydee67

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »
 In the UK, the Control of Dogs Order 1992 states that any dog in a public place must wear a collar with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner engraved or written on it, or engraved on a tag. Your telephone number is optional (but we would recommend this).

You can be fined up to £5,000 if your dog does not wear an identification tag

You do not have to put your dogs name on the tag, this is optional. Unfortunately dog theft is a real danger and if the thief knows the name of your dog this may help them pass on the dog to the unsuspecting new owners because it appears they know the dog because the dog responds to their name. We would therefore recommend, you do not put your dogs name on the tag.

An example of the information to put on a dog tag is:

Mr A Smtih
No 54, BH17 7TD
01202 232218

OR

Mr A Smtih
No 54 Letsbe Avenue
BH17 7TD
01202 232218

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
I would recommend indigo tags, you can fit quite a bit of info on them:

http://www.indigocollartags.com

I had one and it was very good quality and very secure. Unfortunately my mobile number changed and I didn't replace it as Brodie's collars are all different widths.

I have on her main tag:

My name
Address
house phone number

And on the other side:

Chipped and neutered.

I have these tags - they are very good, deep engraving and can't come off collar. 

Offline PennyB

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:08 AM »
Identitag are great - have used them for years (Stella has the brass as she chewed the plastic one she had but the others have plastic oval ones) and really good price, quality, and service

http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/Pet-Dog-Tags-c3.htm

I just have home, mobile and vets phone number on mine with "I am microchipped, neutered & a hooligan" on the back (if I had home address on no one would be home anyway - spoke to dog warden and they're happy with this)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dianna1

• http://picasaweb.google.com/sosNron
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
My spaniels were always having their tags fall off, wear out, and generally costing me a fortune.
I use waggit collars with my mobile number on, which I have on walks. 
When I found a dog in a field, I called the mobile number and the owner was frantically searching 3 fields away. Happy ending.

Offline joeyhall

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
pets at home with there machine

mobile number house number and postcode

also microchip tag

my friend found a full pedigree american bullmastif think it was the other day and it wasnt chipped! i thought this was stnadard for dogs nowadays but clearly not

Offline Jenn

• Oscar and Daisy
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »
We have lost too many PAH tags at £8 a pop so now get a cheapy version off amazon, which have seemed to  last well, so far... I have been told by my local dog training club not to put dog's names on tags, so have  -address, mobile number, vet's number and microchipped.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »
I got Brodie's original tag from collarsandtags.co.uk when Brodie was a youngster, and it is still going strong now. Had to replace the ring recently, but it lasted five years. The tag is a little faded, but you can still read it clearly.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
I had a PAH one made whilst we were waiting for our Indigocollars one (http://www.indigocollartags.com/) as per my previous post.  Have to say that the lettering wore quite quick and the colour came off quick too (it was a pink one).  The one Mollie has now (see link) has been brilliant and doesn't catch on anything or get in her way. 

Offline saracens123

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »
We got Sam's at pets at home.all we have on it is a phone number to ring as we think that this will suffice.obviously he is microchipped and can be scanned at a vets  :D

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
We got Sam's at pets at home.all we have on it is a phone number to ring as we think that this will suffice.obviously he is microchipped and can be scanned at a vets  :D

With respect - you many want to read this: as it states the requirements relating to dog tags
http://www.yourdogsneeds.co.uk/dog-tags-and-the-law-a-83.html
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
Milly and Chaz both have Indigo collartags on their collars and harnesses, they're brilliant. Stainless steel with the information deeply engraved.

On them we have our name, address including post code and home phone number, along with "Microchipped".

Bob.

Offline mitches

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »
Thanks folks, will get one sorted, she has had a few wee walks and is really enjoying them.
We had a few folk round on Hogmanay, Bailey was as good as gold :)

Offline saracens123

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

With respect - you many want to read this: as it states the requirements relating to dog tags
I think what we have is fine thank you

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 07:51:20 PM »

I think what we have is fine thank you

OK
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.