Author Topic: walkies  (Read 898 times)

Offline ellehcim

• Site Member
walkies
« on: April 05, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »
hi - can anyone help ?

my cocker Ben is now ready to start going out for a walk, does anyone have any tips as when we get outside he just sits on the floor and does not want to move !                    
1st time cocker owner

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
walkies
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 07:53:43 PM »
Hi there, my 6 month old boy used to do the same thing! I used tiny pieces of schmackos(smelly treats) to entice him out of the driveway, but started off first by carrying him about - over to the neighbours,  across the road, just to get him used to being in different situations.

Just take it slowly, and befoe long he'll be mad for it. I also used to have Indie on his lead when I weeded the garden, or took the bins out, just as much outside stuff as possible at first.

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
walkies
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 08:18:50 PM »
Yes Billy was the same.  :wink: We live opposite a park. He would be okay until our house was out of view, he then started to panic a bit. Dont know why.A couple of weeks later he was fine, now he just wants to be out all of the time. He sits in my lounge window watching the football matches in the fields opposite crying because he wants to be out there playing too!  :lol: