Author Topic: Woke up to poo - hurrah  (Read 547 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Woke up to poo - hurrah
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
 ;) Now why would I be cheering about waking up to puppy poo, you may ask.

Well since I got Katie home - it has been a race as to who could get there first, me to pick it up or Katie to eat it - yum yum!! if on lead not a prob cos I held her head round so I could pick it up, but if she did it when I was not watching that was a different matter >:D.

Last night however I put a smidgeon of pepper on the poo, (I had tried all the other things, including ignoring it etc etc) she tried a bit, but was not happy. This morning, her night poo was untouched, so hopefully I have put her off.

Took her down in the garden a little while ago, she performed and walked away, she was on the lead, so I got her to sit whilst I picked it up.

Test will be when I take her out later for off lead walk (gallop :lol2:) It may be coincidence as she is now 5 months, but I don't think so.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
Re: Woke up to poo - hurrah
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:43:31 AM »
 :005: I know that feeling, being pleased to get to a poo before they do!! Pepper sounds like a good idea. Ive had to resort to tablets to make Purdey's taste bad and that seems to have helped.

A bit embaressing though, because on his first week in primary school my little one stood up and told all his classmates that his puppy has to have tablets to stop her eating her own poo. All the kids were fascinated and ALL mentioned it to their parents when they got home, and so I am constantly being asked why my dog eats her own poo by parents in the playground!!  >:D

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:58:31 AM »
:005: I know that feeling, being pleased to get to a poo before they do!! Pepper sounds like a good idea. Ive had to resort to tablets to make Purdey's taste bad and that seems to have helped.

A bit embaressing though, because on his first week in primary school my little one stood up and told all his classmates that his puppy has to have tablets to stop her eating her own poo. All the kids were fascinated and ALL mentioned it to their parents when they got home, and so I am constantly being asked why my dog eats her own poo by parents in the playground!!  >:D

Out of the mouths of babes aye - don't you just luv em, Life is getting quite sad, when you are cheered up by early morning poo aye :o ::)

Someone else told me pineapple does the trick,too, - not sure about that as I did not try it.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline LinneaLand

• A Little Tale of Puppyhood
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:41:27 AM »
some dogs will eat their poo for extra vitamins, or simply because they're hungry. if you think this might relate to your case, try feeding smaller, more frequent meals. or after a poo, give a biscuit; they'll prefer it to the poop. good to hear the good news! best of luck!