Author Topic: Not coping  (Read 3289 times)

Offline sophiew

• Donator
Re: Not coping
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
Pretty good day, all in all. The trouble is if she's asleep, like in the pic, and I leave the room she jumps up wide awake again and follows me. I've been shutting the doors today so she can't - otherwise it's like having a sheep follow you everywhere (even to the loo!).

We're all having a bit of a rest now, then I guess it's dinner time and Kongs again,  bit of training.... and some TV for us!

Can't imagine having a baby!  :005:

Sophie
x

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 04:50:59 PM »
that sounds fairly normal to me :005:

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
I think the best way to either ignore a monster pup, or to think they are being an angel really, is to get a dog that is 100 times worse! :005:

I got Tia when Duggie was only 4 months old, and she has really tested me, I'm so busy watching her when we are on walks for what she is going to do next, that Duggie ankle gnashing and being silly doesn't even register with me! :lol2:

I'm sure things will be fine between you and your pup once she is a bit older and has settled down a lot, you'll soon find you do like her, and you will become best friends. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »
*off to find a dog that's even worse than Tally*  :005:  :005:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
I have to laugh at your telling of Tally's antics  (sorry Sophie).  :bigarmhug:
In a few months time you won't believe what you have written when you have a well behaved pupster ;)
I had two puppies together and survived  :005:
I remember that I would have given them to anyone if asked and a friend who visited and told me "that I would never regret my decision of having cockers" was greeted with the wail "I already DO regret having them!" :005:
I was sooo fed up with them that I even wrote out an advertisement for them  ph34r
Two years later, they are still here and are the most delightful, biddable girls ever and give me pleasure every single day.
Hang in there,  Sophie,  it WILL get better  :luv:
BTW they still follow me everywhere, even the loo (so don't expect that part to change)  >:(
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline scott0904

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
Hey sophie

I am frequently at breaking point with Floyd... especially the day i got out the shower and found him with a chewed up pink thong in his mouth  :005: he creates chaos and he knows it

However, with the stress we've had with him over the last few days, the one thing i said to myself was that never again would i take for granted what a beautiful pup we have. I would have a million stressed out naughty days rather than the day he went for his emergency op.

I know for certain in a few days he'll be totally back to normal because he's showing his naughty side already and he's not even had his stitches out ... i cant wait til things are back to normal  :luv: :lol:

Offline Trixie780

• Tucker - April 2009
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
The following must be a cocker thing.  Our last one did it and this one is even worse.  Even if I tiptoe around he still manages to know when I am leaving the room.  If I go into another room and close the door, he will wait outside the door.  If I take too long he will start to whine and paw at the door.   :005:  On good days it's adorable.  On bad days (so far more bad than good!) it's not as cute.   >:(  I try to remind myself that it stems from an endless supply of puppy love and devotion.   ;)
Draper....July 1997 - May 2009.....Missed always

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

I got Tia when Duggie was only 5 months old, and she has really tested me, I'm so busy watching her when we are on walks for what she is going to do next, that Duggie ankle gnashing and being silly doesn't even register with me! :lol2:

That so strikes a chord with me - Dave was 4 months when I got Normy and like your situation, because she was such a liability she got all the attention :lol: Dave got his revenge when he hit about 1.5 and decided to go awol cos he hadn't had enough attention :005:... sorry ph34r ph34r ph34r They're both great now so don't worry too much  :lol: :005: :005:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
Oh oh, hope Duggie doesn't decide to do that! :P I still play with him and give him attention on walks, but always have one eye on Tia The Adventurer, as if that eye is off her for one second, she senses it and finds trouble. ::) :005:

Actually, I need to edit my previous post - Duggie was only 4 months too when we got Tia, I can't count. :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »
Just thought I would say a big THANK YOU to everyone who was so supportive when I was at the end of my (short) tether earlier this week. Tally and I have got better as the week has gone on, and reached a compromise - I give her my undivided attention, and she's an angel!  ;) But seriously, we've got a routine going and some clearer houserules, and I'm learning to be less grumpy with her. We had 4 walks today (3 of them only short, but just to get her out whilst doing errands myself) and she's walking really nicely on the lead now, eye contact to the point that she trips over stuff  ::) and earlier on her off lead walk she put up some pheasants and went to b*gger off across the field but came back when I called her!

She has also learnt door manners, learnt to wait in her crate in the back of the car until her lead is on and I call her out, and has stopped coming upstairs of her own accord. Not bad!

She had a bath today too and got used to the hairdryer. I felt quite fond of her tonight! And, guess what - she's ASLEEP! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sophie
x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »
remember she is still only a baby - I'd expect the behaviour in your last post from a nicely trained adult spaniel so Tally is doing brilliantly  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
remember she is still only a baby - I'd expect the behaviour in your last post from a nicely trained adult spaniel so Tally is doing brilliantly  :luv: :luv:

Blimey yes, I would be ecstatic if Coco would do all that  :shades: :lol2:

Glad things are improving anyway  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »

Thank you.... I'm not saying she does all of those things all the time, but she's getting there. She is just a baby, and I guess I expect her to behave like my other dog does, I'm nothing if not impatient!  :-\ but it's great watching her be a puppy too, but seriously she hits her head more than any other dog I've ever met... her single brain cell will fall out one of her flappy ears one of these days!  :lol:

Sophie
x

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »
Hi there, I do hope you weather the storm and stick with it. As well as my adults I have a six month old and a three month old at the moment!  It does get better with time, believe me.Hope everything gets better for you soon, best wishes, Jenny x
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).